Author Topic: tug forum stand maybe  (Read 2736 times)

ministeve

• Site Supporter
tug forum stand maybe
« on: October 29, 2008, 13:15:55 »
what do you guys think about having a tug forum stand at the new show on the 7th and 8th of march 2009 at the boat museum ellesmere port i was talking to a fellow modeller tonight and were wondering if a few members would like to bring there tugs to a shall we say international tugboat stand and have a bloody good get together maybe even a sail or have a tow of one of the many tows that will be on the water some of which are 14.5feet in length.
i dont know if anyone on the forum would like to take control of the TUG FORUM TABLES if they are a good idea but if not and people want to have a display then they can phone mr john hughes on 01244 811703 or 07761559939
you are never too old to learn

tango

Re: tug forum stand maybe
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 13:30:38 »
Sounds like a good idea to me!!!! I won't be able to run the tug forum stand but i will have a trade stand there though. Unless you can put the tug forum stand next to the MMB stand (now there's a thought  :) :) )

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 14:53:00 »
looks like you've just given yourself the job Tango....well done .....what a star chap !
Ok, so I like a drop !

tango

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 15:08:14 »
Well Tugmaster you know what your doing that weekend your HELPING me.

cheers mate.

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 20:06:40 »
Sounds like a good idea to me!!!! I won't be able to run the tug forum stand but i will have a trade stand there though. Unless you can put the tug forum stand next to the MMB stand (now there's a thought  :) :) )

Mark.

Sounds like a wonderfull idea, but Mark, who's gonna see the stand through all that Steam?? ;D ;D

I'll come over an put in a shift at the stand, if I can borrow a couple of thousand dollars..pounds...whatever...to get there and back. To save some money, hopefully I can borrow TugMaster's Caravan, to drink sleep in!!

Seriously though, it's a great idea, and would be a lot of fun for those who attend.
I'm gonna do the same sort of thing here, next spring, at our show, using a couple of 'laptops' and some printed information about our forum.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 20:08:28 by tugs53 »
MIKE

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 14:48:58 »
Tugs, you're welcome to use the caravan anytime, I'll even clean out the portaloo for you, probably needs doing by now anyway  :-[

Great idea about promoting the forum at your event, we must aim to get all the Canadian tug enthusiasts on board !!!

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 15:15:12 »
Go on then silly me has just volunteered

Stavros
OVER HERE PERMAMENTLY TO HAVE A QUIET LIFE

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 20:21:26 »
Oh thank God for that Stav :)
Here I was thinking, oh my...I've got to spend a weekend in TugMasters moldy Caravan, drinking 'Wine of the Winter' out of styrofoam cups, and eating 'Steamed Potatoes' (courtesy of Tango), and 'Bangers' that Ray's been towing around the pond for two days, with his cool log towing tug 'Ken McKenzie' ;D ;D ;D

Thanks again Stav....I owe you one! ;)
MIKE