Author Topic: servo and rudder throw - RTR Southampton tug  (Read 8435 times)

Stavros

Re: servo and rudder throw - RTR Southampton tug
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 16:30:12 »
Yes I know it and hate it,it does nothing for me and as for wading it well DONT it is deeper than you think and full of silt.As for recoverey in LLanberis we have a rescue boat allways in the water i got fed up with the situation as models cost so much,amd went out and bought a dinghy.besides we sail whatever the weather not like the Holyhead club which dont like getting the boats wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now whats the excuse :)

Stavros
OVER HERE PERMAMENTLY TO HAVE A QUIET LIFE

ddraigmor

• Once a sailor.....
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 06:18:12 »
Well there's a challenge!

OK here's the deal. I'll carry on bimbling with what I am doing and when we get round to the lekkies and major engine mods - guided by your tender hand and expertise - and she is all modded and ready, I'll try to persuade the 'occasional partner' if she fancies a weekend in wet Wales up Llanberis end and see what she says. Then I'll bring the boat with me and meet with you lot and see what we've achieved! Probably next year but hey ho!

The Holyhead lot were sailing in a foul wind the weekend my brother had his 50th. A lovely sailing boat was out - two masted Newfoundland type - but she was constantly being beaten by the gusts which had her ashore more than in the teeth of the blow. As an ex lifeboatman I kept wanting to get in there and do something and as an ex salvageman, I kept thinking of the cash prize I was working out if she went over! She didn't but it was sometimes painful watching her trying to beat to windward when she'd suddenly get bowled gunnels under by a malicious wind.

Some of them are not fair weather sailors if that exoperience is anything to go by!  :D :D

Jonty
“The good seaman weathers the storm he cannot avoid, and avoids the storm he cannot weather”

ddraigmor

• Once a sailor.....
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 12:07:45 »
Just an update. Have e.mailed Dave at ACTion and given him my issues saying that Stavros recomends the P94!

Once he gets back to me I'll buy the kit and then look at what I need to do next......

....baited breaths all 'round!

Jonty
“The good seaman weathers the storm he cannot avoid, and avoids the storm he cannot weather”

FLJ

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 13:52:02 »
Jonty
Check your E-mail. I've just replied (well, I didn't relish the prospect of seeing both Graham Norton and Barry Manilow on the same program, so I thought I'd wander past the work PC........).
FLJ

ddraigmor

• Once a sailor.....
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 14:50:59 »
I have - it sounds perfect. If I can fit it without breaking anything I should have a tank steering 'Southampton' re-named 'Eryri' coastal tug -cum - salvage vessel - workboat that turns in its own length and will make mincemeat of the others on the lake when I go up to Holyhead and show her off!

I think..........!

As I said in the e.mail, I'll order by 'phone Saturday!

Cheers FLJ - Stavros was right: You the man!

Jonty

PS - Don't blame you. Barry Manilow and Graham Norton. Who dey?  8)