Author Topic: ST George Model Boat Club Inc, Sydney Australia Annual Regatta May 3rd  (Read 991 times)

Tugrat

The ST George Model Boat Club Inc (Sydney Australia) is holding its annual birthday regatta on May 3rd 2009 (Sunday before Mothers Day).

This is an all boats regatta - Tugs are always welcome.

Clubs from the Sydney region have been invited along with other clubs intra and interstate.

As a result of the Inaugural Sydney Model Tug Regatta held on the Australia Day Weekend in January, the following has/will take place.

1) Several Traders have been invited
2) Additional clubs have been invited
3) More detailed press releases will be prepared and released in advance
4) Blind steering contest will be attempted again but open to all vessels
5) Several commercial maritime organisations will be invited to exhibit either scale models of their fleet and or items of historical / general interest ( cant say too much at this stage)
6) Marine Modelling International via its local rep have been invited
7) Towing barges for use will be provided ( have to get some club barges made)

I learnt a lot from the Tug Regatta and plan to make this event better then the Club's 21st Birthday Regatta. ( This event attracted from memory about one hundred models. It was standing room only as several hundred people gathered on the foreshore throughout the day especially tas the Mayor opened the brand new floating pontoon and boat ramp).

The success of this regatta will flow on to the proposed Australia Day Regatta (incorporating the Sydney Model Tug Regatta) to be held on January 26th 2010. The local council has expressed interest/ support that we conduct this event as part of local community celebrations.

Forgive me for my rambles but I am trying to give a reason as to why you should attend.

So if you are visiting Sydney Australia you are more then welcome to attend with or without a boat. As some of the club have several models - with prior notice we can organise a boat for you to use.

For info on the regatta and to RSVP please email info@stgmbc.org.au

Tugrat

Ps write up of Tug Regatta should be in May issue of MMI