Author Topic: Good Customer Service  (Read 16427 times)

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
Good Customer Service
« on: July 04, 2009, 00:57:49 »
In these days of poor economies the world over and people who seem to be too busy to help, it is nice when we experience good service.

Lets hear of your good experiences with traders....I'll start it off with a pat on the back for Bryan at Mobile Marine Models:

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/index.html

I placed an order for some timber and other bits and bobs on Monday and it arrived here in Southern Spain, on Friday morning. Bryan even helped out with some brass tube and rod I needed at no extra charge. A real gent, who puts his customers first.. :) :) :)
Barry

Todd

• Admiral Poster
Re: Good Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 05:08:37 »
Thanks Barry for the info, it is well worth visiting that site and I've added it to my favourites.

Jim
Capt Jim

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:03:14 »
The first and only time I have ever ordered over the phone was for my second bow-thruster from Cornwall Model Boats ;

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/bow_thrusters.html

I phoned them up at about 4;30pm on a Thursday afternoon and the thruster was at my door at 8;30am the next day  :)

Highly recommened  ;)

A great topic FOOTSKI, in a few weeks time I will be needing to order a whole range of fittings so will be watching this thread closely  :)

Regards, Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

Kieran H

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 08:09:23 »
I heard that harbor models has a rather good reputation.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 00:02:58 »
Another shop I have used (visited in person) is SCOONIE HOBBIES in Kirkcaldy, (Scotland) ;

http://www.scoonie-hobbies.co.uk/

Very freindly people and an enormous range of fittings and electrial items, although there online catalouge is not regularly updated it gives a great idea of their choice of fittings etc which they almost always have in stock.

Highly Recommended  :)

Regards, Dan.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 09:33:03 »
Well this is the start of a post which I am certain to be able to finish off within the next few days  :)

I am currently re-building a MODEL SLIPWAY tug YORKSHIREMAN, I have found only one piece missing which is the fixed GOG on the aft deck, I emailed MODEL SLIPWAY at lunch-time today, got an email straight back giving me a very good price including postage but unfortunately when I phoned them they were closed (6pm) therefore, I have replied via email to let them know I will be paying via card tomorrow morning so will let you all know the service provided, I am sure it will be very quick  :) :) :)

Regards, Dan.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:39:08 »
Looking back at this thread, there doesn't seem much input for members to recommend retailers  :(

I am sure there are many companies with a good customer service  :) :)

Lets be hearing from you, as remember, you never know when YOU might need a quick supply of tools, accessories or kits  ;) ;)

Regards, Dan.

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:52 »
Several years ago I was casting about for someone to make a hull for my Foundation Franklin. After a few false starts a friend recommended Karl at Microglass. Karl ended up doing the work and we became friends in the process. I have a quality hull for my model and a good friend. Karl has a great range of ready made kits and he does the custom work as well.

http://www.microglass.net/index2.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:05:48 by Footski »
VGJQ

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 01:39:38 »
Well this is the start of a post which I am certain to be able to finish off within the next few days  :)

I am currently re-building a MODEL SLIPWAY tug YORKSHIREMAN, I have found only one piece missing which is the fixed GOG on the aft deck, I emailed MODEL SLIPWAY at lunch-time today, got an email straight back giving me a very good price including postage but unfortunately when I phoned them they were closed (6pm) therefore, I have replied via email to let them know I will be paying via card tomorrow morning so will let you all know the service provided, I am sure it will be very quick  :) :) :)

Regards, Dan.

The gog was ordered and paid for this morning, it is in stock so fingers crossed it will be here soon  ;)

seahawk 1

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 14:05:58 »
I have to say, I am very impressed with the service I received from Model Slipways when I asked about additional rudders for my Dutch Courage/Mustang build.  Had the parts in hand in 5 days.  Remember, I'm in the US, so many orders have been placed 'across the pond' for additional parts.  ModelDockyard supplied my props, couplers and bow thruster, again received 5 days from order date.
I ordered the original kit from Harbor Models, always great to deal with and prompt shipping.  For anyone in the US, a highly recommended supplier of SLA batteries is ALL ELECTRONICS.COM, flat rate shipping is nice when ordering 20+ pounds of battery.  I am sure of adding more to this list as I go.
This is a great site, and a great bunch of folks!

Mike
I took an I.Q. test once..........The results came back negative.

CGAux26

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 18:14:09 »
My votes are for Harbor Models, Model Slipway, and Loyalhanna Dockyard.  Harbor Models' Dave is always helpful when I call or e-mail them.  He once chased the threads on a prop for me when I had and existing shaft that was a bit different from the prop he stocked.  Model Slipway has been helpful by e-mail on questions about the Loyal I am building, and they sent me a new piece of chain, free that I broke.  And Loyalhanna recently helped me out very nicely when I had a problem with a bowthruster.

Kudos to all three.   ;) :)
Dave

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 00:26:49 »
I recieved an email from the Model Slipway yesterday saying the GOG was in the post and this morning I recived it  :D

A very helpful and fast supplier, so thanks to Jackie at the shop  ;)

This was not Good Customer Service, it was GREAT Customer Service  :) :)

Regards, Dan.

seahawk 1

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 12:26:35 »
I just received my first order from  www.modellbau-kaufhaus.de
Rainer offers some fantastic detail parts I have not found anywhere.
Excellent communication and service.  9 days from Germany to the US.
I highly recommend them!

Mike
I took an I.Q. test once..........The results came back negative.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 12:29:14 »
I just received my first order from  www.modellbau-kaufhaus.de
Rainer offers some fantastic detail parts I have not found anywhere.
Excellent communication and service.  9 days from Germany to the US.
I highly recommend them!
Mike

Now that does sound like a very good service  :) Thanks for letting us all know about  ;) Its what this topic is about  :D

Regards, Dan.

FsASTSyd1

• Site Supporter
  • I love cooking with Wine, sometimes I put it in the food
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 02:41:01 »
Ordered spare blades for Bosch PMF 180 (Also fits Fein Multimaster) on eBay at 15.50 on the 2nd December, received in the mail at 10.45 on the 3rd December. Must be difficult to get much better than that.
Syd

eBay ID hendr01d  www.Cordless-Power-and-Laser-Tools.co.uk        david.hendry@blueyonder.co.uk
Syd J