Author Topic: Errors on page  (Read 2413 times)

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
Errors on page
« on: July 05, 2009, 10:03:06 »
No big deal...but has anyone else been getting errors on their pages??
I seem to get the posts not centered as they should be...or a line though my or other's signatures.   :o :o
"Suds"

Red_Hamish

Re: Errors on page
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:53 »
Hi Suds, nothing untoward happening here today other than the whole Internet connections off the islands went  down for the third time in three days.

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:16:48 »
Hi Sudbury II,

If you are running IE8 have you got the *run windows compatibility mode* if not go to tools and select it for this site and all should be back to normal

R

Todd

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:14 »
This is my second attempt to post this reply.

I don't get 'errors on page' notification but I do get a lot of 'unable to show web-page'. Sometimes it is an easy task to correct by clicking the 'refresh' button, others it is a case of leaving the site totally and re-entering it anew. A X?*!ing nusiance to say the least.

Jim
Capt Jim

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:39:51 »
Hi there,

Sudbury II is right. There are a few problems of that sort, together with very slow load times......Not sure why but would guess that the Michael Jackson saga is causing systems to overload. If it persists, please let us know...

Barry
Barry

Todd

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 11:11:11 »
Hi Sudbury II,

If you are running IE8 have you got the *run windows compatibility mode* if not go to tools and select it for this site and all should be back to normal

R
I have lost the 'tools' button from my IE toolbar,in fact I have lost the whole toolbar...can someone advise me on how I get it back ? I used to re-install toolbars when required by using the tools button but how do I do it without said button ?

Jim
Capt Jim

catengineman

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 12:00:56 »
put your cursor over the menu bar and *left* click there you should get a drop down with the bar alternatives select the google one or what ever you need.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 14:48:59 »
Just check all the back room systems and all seems to be ok but will keep an eye on things. The forum workings has been quite settled for a while now but things can happen !

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:58:41 »
All working good now, just had to follow Cat's advise!!

Cheers Bud!!

Suds
"Suds"