Author Topic: PHOTO UPLOADING  (Read 1700 times)

Todd

• Admiral Poster
PHOTO UPLOADING
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:29 »
I have noticed that various threads manage to have a 'full line' of photos posted at the same time whereas when I want to upload pictures I (and others I imagine)  am limited to three per posting. Am I doing something wrong or is there some system I am not aware of ?

Jim
Capt Jim

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
Re: PHOTO UPLOADING
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:32:41 »
I have the same problem, however, I mentioned this before and got a reply which I can't find now !

I am sure the Mighty Footski will enlighten us as to what we are doing wrong  :) ;D :) ;D

Regtards, Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:47:24 »
Each posting is limited to 3 pictures as otherwise. major problems can occur when trying to post and we have had instances where the server times us out.

Some members use a different system, where they have pictures as part of a document that is copy/ pasted, thus although there appears to be more pictures, in reality the whole post is one big picture........Well I know what I mean anyway!!! ::) ::) ::)
Barry

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:10 »
I'm glad you know what you mean FOOTSKI you lost me there completely  ;D

I guess it might be better (in my opinion) to have the thumbnail photos as you can see how many times it has been viewed  ::)

Regards, Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:22:23 »
I think I know what Barry means..........hmmmmmm... :D :D :D

Posting pictures using an external host such as flickr or Photobucket, allows one to post lots of big pictures, but the drawback is that the account with that host has to be maintained or great 'holes' can appear in the threads and posts.

...Cheers...
MIKE