Author Topic: Welcome to the Model Tug Forum  (Read 51119 times)

JohnMGD

Re: Welcome to the Model Tug Forum
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2016, 00:11:49 »
Thanks a lot Toby, very interesting PDF's, will dive into the forum and try to find more about Japanese tugs !!

jjackso5

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2018, 07:14:01 »
Hello and thank you for adding me to your forum/group. I live in Michigan and have had interest in tugs for along time. I have built several tugs over the years, but currently only have the "original" tug that started it all for me. I have posted more about this tug and its current condition in another section of this forum, I'm afraid I have done this backwards, but I'm here now.
So I'm hoping to learn more about tug in general and their many operational components. I'm also interested in any types of competition for the tugs, and where they maybe located. I have traveled around the country before going to boating events and shows, so I don't mind doing that, just limited by my new health concerns, but it will be better.
I've read through several of the threads with interest and will try to read through them all as I have time to do that. There are many talented folks here and I'm looking to learn form you all.

Thank you again for adding me I hope to be able to contribute to the group,

Jim

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2018, 12:06:28 »
Welcome Jim, Looking forward to your rebuild posts.
Steve

spud

• Site Supporter
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2018, 13:39:31 »
Hi Jim

Welcome to the forum,
I enjoy reading through the threads from other builds, lots of interesting information  and great ideas. And also agree with your comment about the talented members on here. I should update a couple of my builds.

Spud

tassie48

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2018, 17:26:24 »
OOPS tassie48  here new to this forum ex Merchant navy seaman tugs barges dredgers and all manner of cargo ships RFA LPG tankers car carriers passenger ships freighters even heavy lift ships worked on a huge crane ship putting in oil rigs towed oil rigs around the world and towed ships to the breakers yard back in the 70,s so ticked all the boxes that I wished to sail on now model ship builder like to build the different ones that others do not build  living in NZ build models for museums in the past so enjoy the hobby and the mateship do enjoy a laugh tassie48

PORTLAND SKIP

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2018, 07:30:17 »
Thanks for the Welcome!! Looks like I am just in time too... My round in the crew bar!
Champion Barbed-Wire Hurdler... Untill my tragic accident!

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2018, 12:21:20 »
Well Tassie48 did you take millions of photos of all the details on all those ships on which you worked in order to build super models?

Toby