Author Topic: Teaming Up  (Read 1925 times)

mike

• Very New to All This
Teaming Up
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:30:29 »
I have just built my first tug based on La Caux but with some slight changes to the original drawing, It is still a 'work in progress' but handles well on the water. I am looking for a fellow tug skipper who lives near that I could team up with to enter some of the tug towing events next year. I am recently retired and live in West Yorkshire, I would be keen to hear from anyone interested
Mike
Le Caux Deux

tango

Re: Teaming Up
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:42:00 »
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.......... We would all love to see some pics of your model.
 It's a shame that I live a bit too far away from you (not that I get much time to sail!! :'( :'( :'( )

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

Red_Hamish

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:15:21 »
Hello Mike, welcome along to the forum. Sadly I'm too far away to team up but you might like to look at the following for some ideas for where to sail with kindred spirits.

http://www.mes-marine.co.uk/mt/models/westyorkshire.htm?area_type=county&badc_only=Y&year=Any&area=WEST%2BYORKSHIRE

Hope you find something that suits you. Oh another thought there is always Goole Model BOat Club too depending on where you are located, sometimes going out of the county can be easier to get to.

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

poll

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 15:36:11 »
Hi  Mike,  Welcome to the mad house. Balne Moor do a lot of Tug Towing and also visit other clubs, it's a private pond/lake, so a person has to be a member to get in,( not really a bad thing ) Have I seen your tug at Huddersfield ?
There is a M.P.B.A meeting at Huddersfield this coming Sunday Nov 1st Come along and we can have a chat a number of tug lads will be there.
Cheers

John