Author Topic: Mountfleet Sir Lancelot Mine sweeper for sale  (Read 5799 times)

nhp651

Mountfleet Sir Lancelot Mine sweeper for sale
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:28:37 »
due to the fact that I have just ordered a new Hibernia kit from Metcalf Mouldings I will not be getting round to building my Sir Lancelot.
It is untouched apart from I spent about 100 hours cleaning all the flash lines off the white metal fittings ready for painting.
It will come with a speed controller, battery rudder servo and a motor to power it and I will  include postage to mainland UK( anywhere else will be extra at cost of price. (NO RC is included in price.)
cost new without the electrics 525.00
Yours for 425.00, no offers.
If I don't get that price I may as well keep it for a rainy bored day. :) :( :(
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:30:45 by nhp651 »
I'll get it right ONE DAY

squadron

Re: Mountfleet Sir Lancelot Mine sweeper for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:29 »
Sir, I am from the United States. I would like to build the Sir Lancelot Mine sweeper as a static model. Any chances you would sell it with out the speed controller and battery rudder servo? and if so how much would you sell it for? and do you know what would be the cost to send it to the United States.

Thank you,

Hugo Garcia
garciahugo@sbcglobal.net

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:20:27 »
hi Hugo,
The cost would be the same, 425.00, as i am just including those bits in my generosity, to get someone started..
As for payment, i'm sorry but wouldn't accept anything but cash, as my poxy bank charges 20.00 for international money transfers from anywhere, and I feel that it's not worth the hassle.
But haven't a clue as to what it would cost to ship.
If you wanted to organise your own courrier, I would package it up in a box, but you would have to organise shipping......I'm not geared up for that sort of thing.
I would also require payment prior to boxing and shipping.
neil

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 05:41:01 »
It would seam that some people would like you to change your name to Santa Claus and give your toys away.  ??? :( :( :(

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:06 »
It would seam that some people would like you to change your name to Santa Claus and give your toys away.  ??? :( :( :(

I don't think that is very fair!! ??? ??? ??? ???

425 pounds is a lot of money to spend on the approach to Xmas. I would love to buy the model, but no way can I afford it.

Advertising on a forum with less than 1000 members does narrow your chances of sale down a little, particularly when you consider that this is a model TUG forum.

Barry
Barry

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:19:06 »
I don't think that is very fair!!

But neither do I think it fair, Barry, that when you pay good money for a model and then offer it[ with incentives ] amounting to a reduction  of 28% with the words NO OFFERS, someone then tries it on by asking for a further reduction because they don't want the electrics.
further to that when you make it clear about the price, they niether have the courtesy or manners to acknowlege that you have taken the time to answer their query....it's just plain bad manners, and that isn't fair either.
Also, now is the time when people DO have money in their pocket running up to christmas, and are looking for bargains, and at 425.00, it is a bargain compaired with the new price of 525.00
As for this site being a "model tug forum" as you point out, I am sure that the members on here are all a little more diverse than being "just" tug boat modellers.
I am sorry if my little jibe  offended you, Barry, but bad manners from anyone offends me more. :) :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:21:37 by nhp651 »

Footski

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 11:59:13 »
What can I say......well I think "No comment" is best for all concerned.
Barry

squadron

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:52 »
Sir, forgive me for not responding back to you. I never meant to be disrespectful to you. I was trying to see how I could come out with the money and finding a carrier to see how much it would cost me for shipping. I have a full time job working 50 to 55 hrs a week and not always in the computer. I am new here on this site and I have been enjoying the site.
I never meant to be disrespectful to you.

Again I asked for your forgiveness and due to the cost of shipping I will have to decline the offer for the model.

Thank you,
Hugo Garcia

Footski

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 13:12:00 »
Very well put Hugo. I am sure no offence has been taken and the thread can get back to it's original topic..
Barry

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 13:16:26 »
that's fine hugo.
just a little disconcerting that you ask a question, i answer quickly and then nothing is heard for days.
apology excepted and i also apologise for my comments.
we all have downers from time to time, but shouldn't take them out on others,
sorry to you.
neil.

squadron

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 13:35:15 »
Sir,

No problem and thank you for accepting my appology.

Hugo Garcia

squadron

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 21:11:11 »
Sir,
Here I go again, I very much interested in this model and due to the christmas holiday I am a little short on money. $427 lbs totals to $702.21. U.S money.
Would you consider accepting 3 payments of $235 U.S money? I will pay you thru paypal which will convert to UK money. I know that this is not including shipping and handling. Once I pay you I will send you thru paypal the amt of the shipping and handling.
Please, I mean not to offend you and I hope I am not. This is a model that I just got to have. Here in the United States we are not blessed with companies such as you have in the UK. Before I joined this site I had never heard of Mount Fleet Models but I have to say that after seeing there site and models, I have yet to see better models. If you do accept I will send you 1st payment on 01/01/10 and the 2nd payment on 01/25/10 and the 3rd on 02/01/10.

once again Sir,
thank you so much,
Hugo Garcia

nhp651

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:47 »
sorry to folks on the forum....only just seen this post,but  received an email from Hugo and replied to it a few days ago.
sorry if I showed any discourtesy to others, as not normally my intentions.
neil.