Author Topic: Graupner Schottel, 360 modifications ?  (Read 11890 times)

manxman

Re: Graupner Schottel, 360 modifications ?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 11:00:24 »

Translation simple ... Send Stefan a PM
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

Stefan

• tugboats.de
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 00:54:46 »
No problem for me with the remove ;)
I asked a friend about the post. I think a sail servo is also unseful, but not in the combination with my sticks. With the sticks you only have 180° to each side = 360°. I think such a sail servo makes two or more revolutions, so you donīt have any control about the position of the pods with a Tx like mine.
btw....please do not use any kind of translation software regardless of which language you want to translate. The results of thes programs range between very funny and nonsens ;) :D ;). @ Clydebuilt: Please donīt be angry with me the translation in german was much more difficult to understand than you english post  :D :D

Best wishes
Stefan 8)
"Splice the mainbrace!"

ClydeBuilt

• Bad Bills Boatyard
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 02:25:31 »
Bang goes my career as a united nations translator then....

catengineman

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 20:20:32 »
I think I can answer you question regarding the sail servo use on Graupner ASD's in a word yes you could get the servo to operate the drives and it will give you control as you want centered stick will give a centered ASD and with the extra travel you get the unit will turn further each side of center.

NB: have you got room for the larger sized servo?
My Tito Neri has ASD's but there is just not enough room for a larger servo so I went for forward/reverse on the motor with 95deg turn each side of center from the servos works very well.

Richard,

ClydeBuilt

• Bad Bills Boatyard
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 06:34:47 »
One of the european guys being a little tight for space, managed to fit a standard servo, upside down but with a gear on the servo wheel as in the larger schottels...best of both worlds!
Maybe thats an option for some of us, sail servo with the supplied gear, but upside down, or off to one side through a toothed belt drive?
Theres no power requirements as is required for thrust, so maybe?

Another option for sail servos, is to use it as a working 'gog' winch.
Bring the tow line through the deck and you can adjust the length of the gog as required, the same sail options of single, double and multi adjustable turns are availalble, assisting safer indirect towing methods.

Theres a question....how many members do any tug towing?
Either seriously or just for fun.....
I have some that are built for TT but still look ok, but my main build is planned on just sailing, being way too big for the usual courses I think....even at 32nd scale!

catengineman

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 14:01:47 »
On tug towing at this very moment! ;D

Red_Hamish

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 14:53:56 »

Theres a question....how many members do any tug towing?
Either seriously or just for fun.....
I have some that are built for TT but still look ok, but my main build is planned on just sailing, being way too big for the usual courses I think....even at 32nd scale!

Hello all, sorry slightly Off Topic I know but in my case the answer has got to be  ;D purely for pleasure. Although I did enjoy the Scottish Tug in held at Greenock in June 2007. Sadly I'll not be attending this year and will have to find some local safe waters to sail on.

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

Navy2000

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 16:20:40 »
Stefan

I was wondering do you have any drawings and instructions as to how you rebuilt the radio with the rotating controls, and also which radio did you use, it looks like one of the Robbe Radios.

Duane

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Models and Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 00:53:17 »
One of the european guys being a little tight for space, managed to fit a standard servo, upside down but with a gear on the servo wheel as in the larger schottels...best of both worlds!

Did that with the small pair of Graupner 1761 drive in my SDM

:)