Author Topic: OSV wanted  (Read 20046 times)

chrisuk

Re: OSV wanted
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 11:27:59 »
i have also just informed the gentelman that i wont be buying the ship, as its not my cup off tea.

iam not sure what to do though. Just dont no what to do now for the best.

:( :(

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Models and Miniatures
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2010, 18:03:51 »
For the type of ship you are looking for, the Aziz is really the most complete kit.

For something a bit more like what you are admiring, then there are a few bare hulls here
http://www.kagelmacher-modellbau.de/epages/62255885.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62255885/Categories/Schiffsr%C3%BCmpfe

Kagelmacher-modellbau appears to have
A Generic AHST hull, possibly good to build somehting to your liking, and a
Generic Maersk Supply vessel. Also, the

UT-720
http://www.ulsteingroup.com/Kunder/ulstein/cms66.nsf/pages/reflista.htm?open&disp_key=443F59072EB3EAF6C12571BC004552F8

Smit 55-65
http://www.smit-lloyd.com/oud/1_30.html

This would at least save you from scratch building the hull. But you will still have to
work to brace up the fiberglass hull, fit your propeller shafts, and set your decks.
Scratch building your supersturctures will also take a good amount of your time.

If you wanted to try your hand at scratch building the Granit, then the UT 704 hull would appear to be  most similar to these Maersk ships.
http://www.maersksupplyservice.com/Fleet/AnchorHandlingTugSupplyVessels/CH-Type/Pages/MaerskChieftain.aspx

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 18:12:15 by Umi_Ryuzuki »

nhp651

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:42 »
Umi has hit it on the nail chris, but a quote of 2500 is somewhat cheap......if you  take from the 2500, a pair of motors, 2 x uni joints 2 x speed controllers, 2 x brass props, 1 x battery plus glue plus paint plus r/c equipment you are probably allowing just 1800 to actually build the model......say 350 hours [without putting extras such as lights, radar, sound systems etc]to actually build it, that equates to 5.14p per hour......below the minimum wage.

and as you would be wanting a "proper" job doing..........unless you can find a hobbyist who wants a bit of spending money, your best bet would be to have a crack at the Aziz as a good model, and paint it in Mearsk colours.
neil,
I'll get it right ONE DAY

chrisuk

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:48 »
i looked at that route when i bought an aziz, in the water 5mins an had more than the lake ;D.

so sold it confused.

so looks like iam back to square 1 then, however iam hoping a guy gets back to me soon. He told me his friend had a mearsk master needs rc, battries an esc. But wont reply to my email angry. why tell some he is selling an then leave it at that confused

maybe he will reply but how lonmg do i wait. he has been online twice since i sent him the email but no reply :'(

chris

nhp651

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2010, 11:44:02 »
I'll get it right ONE DAY

chrisuk

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2010, 11:57:18 »
DOES LOOK VERY NICE WILL TRY AN GET MORE INFO ON IT, I WILL LET YOU NO HOW I GET ON.

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2010, 04:36:04 »
Chris,

As usual--Umi has provided excellent information.

In my case I have built a couple of semi kits (hull, decks and superstructure provided). I wanted to try a little scratch building but admit that I do not possess the skills to make the hull so I had a Foundation Franklin hull made by Microglass. Karl made a quality hull but it was not cheap. If you go in this direction keep in mind that you will have to work from plans with NO pre-cut parts, etc. I have found that the plans for my Franklin have several problems with accuracy and have had to build around these. Research in cases such as these is invaluable. Do not rely too heavily on a single source.

Good luck in your search and we are looking forward to your build when you find the right boat.
VGJQ

chrisuk

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:04 »
Would love to scratch build a model, but like i say i dont have the space. This is why i was trying to find one that is for sale.

i was told there is someone selling one but he wont reply to my emails, i also tried earlyier in the year but that person also let me down angry

chris

cowboy

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2010, 21:27:05 »
I Don't want to sound rude but in the time this thread has been going I have built the Sydney star :) and the AZIZ :) :). Its was just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 07:46:49 »
Very nice models Cowboy :) :) :) :)
"Suds"

chrisuk

« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 11:44:22 »
You are not rude, like i say i dont have the space so building is really out off the question. I have beenm in from work about 25mins, i started at 6 so even a build i dont have much time at the moment.

this is why iam after a ready built model, ok may need  speed contollers, radio an other odds an sods but i can live with that :)

However the models you built look very nice :) :) ;)

chris

chrisuk

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2010, 12:14:17 »
Post deleted as the item is shown for sale here..

http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=3183.msg38825;topicseen#msg38825

Barry
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 13:02:46 by Footski »