Author Topic: Sun Tug Build.  (Read 37193 times)

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
Dusk pictures
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2010, 11:06:10 »
Whilst still awaiting further bits for the build, I took the tug sailing again this afternoon. Hope you like the pics !
Best Wishes.

Gregg.
[All messages sent using recycled electrons]

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
Re: Smoke unit pic's
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2010, 01:59:46 »
Sorry, forgot to post these earlier, after i disclosed the systems I had chosen to fit.
Like I said earlier, this is readily available to fit inside scale model tanks [1:16 scale]  Its barely 50mm x 70mm in size, weighs hardly anything, as only a small oil tanks, but hey, it takes little time to refill.
Best Wishes.

Gregg.

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
In Memory of.................
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2010, 15:44:52 »
I have taken these opictures of my Sun tug, wearing its poppies with all the pride that it can hope to depict.
lest we never forget all those who lost their lives or loved ones in conflict. to those who served in the merchant navy, civilian companies of the sea routes, docks, harbours who through no fault of their own were caught up in tragic circumstances.
We remember them and will never forget them.
Best Wishes.

Gregg.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Sun Tug Build.
« Reply #153 on: November 10, 2010, 15:48:48 »
A very fitting display Greg :) :)

Well Done!
MIKE

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
Re: Sun Tug Build.
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2010, 07:01:48 »
I'm sure all members agree with your words.....We remember them and will never forget them.

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
Re: Sun Tug - still sailing !
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2011, 10:39:46 »
Just to keep you all updated. the Sun tug is still sailing superb, extremely well balanced now I know how to handle her, even in rough choppy water, she's great! No matter when I sail this tug, people stop walking and stop to watch it cruise past them.  have to say there must be something to do with classic shaped tugs that people still do admire.
Best Wishes.

Gregg.

gregk9

• My R-C Model Boat Site
Running repairs !
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2011, 08:10:51 »
My sun tug suffered a problem on Saturday ! [aaarrrgghhh!].  it sailed fine for about 2 hours, then seemed to loose rudder control.  turned out the little grub screw had come loose in the rudder post. removed grub screw, cleaned off thread, applied a minute dab of thread lock and away happy again.

Our club set up a model boat display last weekend at the chasewater transport Show, we set up a steering course for our boats. I found the sun tug loved steering through the marker buoys, Once I'd gotten used to putting in advance notice to the engine room for less/more speed and knowing when to engage the rudder of course. Once that was sorted, I decided to tow my dusseldorf through the same course with my Tug, just for the fun of it and enjoyed it for hours!
Best Wishes.

Gregg.