Author Topic: Large anchor  (Read 4256 times)

chrisuk

Large anchor
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:54:50 »
I am after a large anchor for my tug. its the 1/50 aziz tug model slipway but the rear deck is bear.

Iam after a large oil rig anchor to give it something i tried a shipping container but it was not right.

I have spent a day looking but with not much joy, so if any one has an idea off what they look like could you please send or post some pics. No one seems to make anything like this

chris

chrisuk

Re: Large anchor
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:22:31 »
these might do http://www.castyouranchorhobby.com/cat--Grapnel-Anchor--Grapnel+Anchor

maybe the larger 50mm would be ideal

Todd

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:54:40 »
I am after a large anchor for my tug. its the 1/50 aziz tug model slipway but the rear deck is bear.

Iam after a large oil rig anchor to give it something i tried a shipping container but it was not right.

I have spent a day looking but with not much joy, so if any one has an idea off what they look like could you please send or post some pics. No one seems to make anything like this

chris

Have you tried making anchor buoys etc., to give the appearance of a 'working deck' ? I would think they would be simple enough to construct to scale.    ;)   :D :D 

Jim
Capt Jim

Volker

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:51:47 »
One manufacturer of offshore rig anchors is Vryhoff. They provide the Stevpris line of anchors. Here is one example:

http://www.vryhof.com/products/anchors/stevpris_mk6.html

They have enough material including a complete cataloque on their website to build an anchor.
Volker

chrisuk

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:54:59 »
thanks i was just going to concede defeat an order a 50mm grapnel anchor or two lol will start with some merserments will post the result :-[

Captain Jack

• Uniform of the day at sea?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 18:48:08 »
Is this the anchor you're after?
 Look up Flipper Delta on this forum in the search engine.This one was hand made by a member. He did an awesome job, and built it to 1:75. As for the other clutter, the bouy was originally a large dowel, and the cargo boxes...simply blocks of wood. Still working on finding the correct size chains, as the ones pictured were just bits of junk I picked up through the years, and are obviously not to scale.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 18:56:55 by Captain Jack »
Fair winds, and following seas....
Captain Jack sends>>>>>

Todd

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 05:39:28 »
www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/search.html

I find that this site has a good selection of anchors,chains etc. From my dealings with them they have always 'come-up-to-the mark' and delivery was within days. (Bearing in mind that I live in Spain and the mails service here is not know for it's efficiency.)

Hope this will be of help.

Jim.
Capt Jim

seahawk 1

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 13:33:21 »
I will be making a large anchor for the deck of the Mustang.  One can buy large anchors, but nothing that matches the type you are looking for, not that I have found.  It can be made from brass or plastic card. 

Mike

I took an I.Q. test once..........The results came back negative.