Author Topic: Welcome to the forum Dordtsebank !  (Read 1316 times)

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
Welcome to the forum Dordtsebank !
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:43:20 »
And about time too Ferry  :)

Glad to see you have found us over here, hopefully you will add lots to the forum like the rest of us, hopefully models, information aswell as real tug photos  :)

It must be nearly 2 years since we last met in Aberdeen, I miss the shipping but not the city itself   ;D

I guess you know some of the members on here, a couple of the IOS group and a few 'Dutchies' like yourself  ;)

We are a friendly bunch on here, always willing to help out and give (& request) advice.

Hope you are keeping well, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Wishes & Kind Regards, Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

Dordtsebank

Re: Welcome to the forum Dordtsebank !
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:57 »
Hi Dan,

Yes, it is still two years ago that we mat each other.
Very nice forum, is it?
I am also busy building a model of the NRS (later SMIT) tug Hoeksebank, scale 1:25 I start builing 1 year ago and it goes very well.
I have almost all the drawings i need except the construction drawing of the mast.
I tried all over tehe world the catch this one but without any succes. The last letter i wrote is to Offshore Maroc were the Scheldebank (now AZIZ) is still in service.

The other guy was Gilles from Vlissingen.
We don`t know if we are coming over this year because Gilles don`t like flying.
If we come over we are coming by boat. Not Zeebrugge Rosyth because they stopt with that route but IJmuiden New Castle.

How is Invergordon? Do you both still happy there?

Greetzzz,
Ferry.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
Re: Welcome to the forum Dordtsebank !
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 05:55:54 »
Invergordon is not that great especially for photo opportunities, but its ok, quiet at the moment, not much shipping  angry angry

Could you update your profile please Ferry to add your location so other members know where you live,
it's easy to do...just log-in and go to your 'Profile', then add your location, which can be general, if you like  such as " Netherlands", or a specific town.  :) :)

Also, spread the word about this forum to your other model making friends and tug photographers, the more members we get means more input, photos, models, ideas, inspiration .........

Kind Regards, Dan.

ps, please give my best wishes to Gilles when you next speak to him  ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:58:53 by sea.mariner »
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !