Author Topic: This is weird!  (Read 1283 times)

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
This is weird!
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:35 »
To any of you who take pictures from your phones.   Good information to know.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105

Suds
"Suds"

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Models and Miniatures
Re: This is weird!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:24 »
Hardly wierd,  The ability to track people, or a person becomes easier and easier every day.
Do you drive with a GPS unit? It's no different, each unit has a serial number, and if the
"dark forces" want to know where you are, they can certainly look that up.
GPS in phones is just another step more personal. The iPhones and other phone apps all
used to brag, that you could go into town, turn on your "App", and then see what friends
were near you, give them a call and go to lunch.

If you want to worry about more covert locating of your person, the start with Pet Tracking
technology. It is now possible to buy a key fob sized GPS locator, hang that on your
pet, and then track it via your computer.  Who is to say that the car key fob that
you put in your pocket, that allows you to walk up to your car, enter the car, and push
the start button isn't doing more than just telling the car that you have permissions?

RFID tracking gets even more covert. The paper tags that track medications, or that might
be imbedded in your passport, or driver's liscense, or even in your favorite book are all a
potential "security risk" if you are someone that is worried about "people" knowing your location.
 Ever hear that security alarm go off when someone walks out of a store? That's a similar type
of technology. If these RFID can be activated by a store security scanner, a toll booth scanner, or something similar, who's to say that your favorite book, your shoes, or that
cup of coffee isn't being tracked to you, because you purchased it  using your bank card.

Being worried about "someone" locating you because you took a picture with your cell phone
should be the last thing anyone that's trying to hide should worried about.
It would be other people or any security or traffic camera taking your picture
that would prove your undoing  :o

http://www.positivefuturist.com/archive/294.html
http://www.fulcrumbiometrics.com/en/products/profile/eye-iris-cameras/icam-td100/
http://www.evidencemagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325

Somewhere online, I am sure, there is a "How To" covering foil hats...  :-X

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 15:48:57 »
I only posted this...in the Chit-Chat section if you like, cuz I thought it was interesting info.
No, I'm not hiding from anything, nor am I paranoid...... ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 15:53:05 by Sudbury II »
"Suds"

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:36:34 »
Good points Umi.

Let's face it, the occurrences of 9/11 basically erased human rights and rights to privacy...worldwide.
If "Big Brother" really wants to find someone, then they will. Unless a person steers clear of cell phones, computers, bank and credit cards, etc.

I think the point of the newscast posted by Suds is that now "Anyone" can access some of that technology, for purposes good...or bad.

Just the fact that some freak can instantly locate our friends and family kinda bothers me!!
MIKE

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:15:27 »
Having been a government contractor for the past 30 years it is frightening what information is available to those who want it. And this through the use of tools that are supposed to be for our personal convenience and security. It is also amazing how easily that information can fall into the wrong hands. Take the post by Suds. Pictures of children with location information is certainly chilling. Ten years ago the CIA was able to recover data from drive disks that had had the media removed. I can't imagine what they can do now. We all need to be aware and take steps to protect ourselves.
VGJQ