Author Topic: Have you ever done any Salvage Jobs or Rescures?  (Read 11139 times)

donald.waller1

Re: Have you ever done any Salvage Jobs or Rescures?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:51 »
A very big thank you to everyone who has taken part in this thread.
I think this thread has now run it's course.
Thank's again.
Don donald.waller1 :)

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 20:57:57 »
On my maiden voyage to Alaska in '66 on the INVERNESS, just north of Vancouver Is, in Queen Charlotte Sound, we had to stand by a Canadian "MIKI" tug, the Johnstone Straits, with a log barge that somehow managed to get his wire in the wheel.  We just stood by for a few hours until a bigger tug got there to help out and we went on our way. Pretty exiting for a 12 year old on his first trip to Alaska though!  Later when working for Western Towboat out of Seattle, I was Mate this trip and the skipper woke me up before my watch and said a fish boat was sinking just outside Price Rupert and we were close boat so get up!  Within a few minutes we were close enough for me to throw a heaving line to the guy and his kid and get their troller close enough to pull them off of their foundering boat. Coast Guard came out and grabbed them off of us as we had continued on our way to AK after grabbing them. They were pretty happy and appreciative of our assistance and glad we happened by when we did. It was nighttime and that always makes thing seem more bleak. Happy ending though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 22:25:27 by tug-arlyn-nelson »

David C

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 11:42:17 »
Hi Her everyone. My name is David I have just joined this forum re: Tug Boats! Am in the wrong room? My curiosity is, is their one who are still working on the Mersey Tugs Rea Towing?
During the 1960t's I was employed by Rea Towing and worked on a number of Boats as a "Trimmer" (I'm sure a number of you will know what a Trimmer's is) if their is anyone in the forum who would like to reminisce I would love to hear from them? David.

David C

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 11:44:11 »
Hi Her everyone. My name is David I have just joined this forum re: Tug Boats! Am in the wrong room? My curiosity is, is their one who are still working on the Mersey Tugs Rea Towing?
During the 1960t's I was employed by Rea Towing and worked on a number of Boats as a "Trimmer" (I'm sure a number of you will know what a Trimmer's is) if their is anyone in the forum who would like to reminisce I would love to hear from them? David.

David C

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 11:55:40 »
Hi Yer everyone! My name is David I have just joined this forum re: Tug Boats! Am in the wrong room? My curiosity is, is their one who are still working on the Mersey Tugs Rea Towing?
During the 1960t's I was employed by Rea Towing and worked on a number of Boats as a "Trimmer" (I'm sure a number of you will know what a Trimmer's is) if their is anyone in the forum who would like to reminisce I would love to hear from them? jjbarnes50@gmail.com David.

P's I have done (as part of a crew) help Salvage a German Coastal Boat, which had lost it's Rudder!

tug-arlyn-nelson

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2016, 18:39:25 »
Hi David,  Welcome to the forum. Afraid there is not quite the amount of traffic now as there once was, it comes and goes, so don't be alarmed that nobody replied to this thread, its pretty old, and I was the last one to post here some time back.  Hang around though, lots of neat tug stuff here, quite a few guys here from the tugs as well.