Author Topic: Posting Problems  (Read 2651 times)

HS93

Posting Problems
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:23:13 »
when I try to post and I have a picture at times I get a message saying "picture name used" or something simmilar and it wipes all the post out. So I have to change the names on the oictures to some obscure name re type the message and try again and hope it does not happen , is this because the site can only take ONE file name for a picture since we got the nice pictures down the side or am I doing something wrong , its just the second atempt at typing normaly is even worse than the first and the first was bad..

Help Please

Peter

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Posting Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:24:01 »
The same thing has happened to me.
Went to post a photo or two, and the "Error" warning comes up, saying I've already done this!!
Unlikely, seeing as I just took the pictures, seconds before.
Is this a 'PC' glitch?
I run Windows 'Vista', which has a 'mind of it's own', at times!

I think each photo has to have a name all it's own though, instead of just "001", or something like that.

tugs53
MIKE

Red_Hamish

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05:15 »
Hello all, I too have encountered this message whereby my posting has apparently been accepted but not displayed. Then when I go to replicate it the title / topic is already used and will not be acccepted for the new posting. This only occurs when there is an attachment to the post. My 'puter also runs on "Windows Vista for business vesion" and can cause many little glitches.

Mike on the title-ing of pictures the method I use is to make a copy before touching up if necessary then resizing to the 1000 byte limit and renaming the altered file.

cheers

Jim

p.s. It would be good if when you posted a reply the sub forum could automatically advise to e-mail that there was a reply. OK I know it can be done manually in Additional Options but I often forget.
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 14:42:02 »
Thanks Jim!  Will do!

Mike
MIKE

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 02:21:07 »
I'll have a look and see if I can make any improvements.

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

manxman

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 08:29:41 »
Tugmaster,
While your down there in the midst of the web site looking for improvements, give the smileys a kick, two of the lazy so-and-so's are not working ! - Roll-Eyes & Evil
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.