Author Topic: Theft of my offshore anchor angry  (Read 3549 times)

Lütjeoog

• Christians Modellwerft
Theft of my offshore anchor angry
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:13:26 »
Hi

my offshore anchor with chain and barrel (see picture).
 was on 08/29/2010 stolen on a Tug show!

The Red Merlin was kept for over night with other models in a club container .

There, a model builder have stolen everything from the deck.(there were guests at the time yet)

I appeal to all colleagues who know me and my things to keep the eyes up, and to report to me by mail, when the things were seen

Thanks for reading and maybe later help.

Greetings Christian  

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:17:05 by Lütjeoog »

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
Re: Theft of my offshore anchor angry
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 23:35:50 »
Christian,

That is a terrible thing for someone to do at a Model Show. I hope they catch whoever stole the items.. police police police police police police
Barry

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:53:45 »
there really is some low life in this world..........probably though some younger member of the public attracted by the bright colour of the bouy and chain.
neil.
it is amazing what some people will steel.....i once had ONE  trawl door from a set of four stolen from a model trawler........what earthly good was one to them........just unfathomable.
neil.
I'll get it right ONE DAY

Fatcat

• Dan's RC Boats
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:08:30 »
I agree,

its disgraceful. Sort of makes you not want to show your work off is the repayment is just theft of bits and pieces.

I do hope you find the culpret. If you do, let me know and i'll shove a full size bouy up his ....

Dan

mersey dave

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 12:39:59 »
yes its a sad day when this happens,as it did to a member from our club.

15/08/10 - MODEL STOLEN FROM EXHIBITION
A model was stolen today from the Toys For Boys exhibition at Old Christ Church, Waterloo Road, Waterloo. The model belongs to Mr. Denis Foster, Treasurer, NBMBC.

The scale model (3'x10" approx.) was based on the Mersey Ferry, 'Leasowe'  Having only been completed recently it is a very distinctive model.

The theft has been reported to Merseyside Police. If anyone should come across this model or see it advertised for sale please report it to Merseyside Police, Crosby Police Station on 0151 709 6010,
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:47:16 by mersey dave »

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:51:22 »
Fortunately I have never had anything stolen, however, there have been parents who have alowed their children to throw stones at my tugs while at the pond. A brief conversation with the parent regarding the replacement cost of the "toy boat" in question rencered the desired result.

I certainly hope that your anchor equipment is recovered and the miscreant is dealt with appropriately.
VGJQ