Author Topic: Make Your Mind Up Time  (Read 2126 times)

manxman

Make Your Mind Up Time
« on: February 25, 2008, 21:37:07 »
Hi Tugmaster,

Nice to see the competition here - While searching for answers noticed replys to the various threads have a number/date/time attached to each one.  It's the time part that confuses me - 05:35pm - how can you use a 24hr clock format and stick "pm" on it ? - it should be 17:35 - and if its a 12hr clock there should not be a leading zero ! - come on sort your settings out

Cheers - Ken
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 22:02:20 by manxman »
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

Red_Hamish

Re: Make Your Mind Up Time
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 00:16:34 »
Hi Ken I'm just being mischevious for the moment. Noticed your time and date stamp showed 05:37 today. Is this am and if it is what on eartha re you doing up in the middle of the night  ;D

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:37:00 »
Ken .... its now sorted !

We're running a 24 hour clock with no am/pm.

We are a world wide forum so our clock is not set to UK or USA time zones .....  each member can adjust the time difference to suit their time zone in their own Profile under "Look and Layout Preferences"

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

manxman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:14:29 »
Hi Jim,

Yes it is morning - some of us poor sods south of the heather have to get up early for work, been up since 04:45 (that's also morning!)
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

Red_Hamish

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:31 »
Hello all, good on you TugMaster for sorting out this little dilemma so timeously  :D

Ken, I didn't know there were two 4,45's in a day  ;) and there was me thinking of coming out of hibernation like the daffodils in the garden. Only to find that the winter is still strong and holding its' grip today. The poor daffodils ahve been decimated and there is only one still standing proud.
The earliest that I usually have to get mobile by is 5.50 to catch the first flight out at 7.00am that is the beauty of a small airport less than a mile away, in fact we can watch people as they enter or leave the aircraft, from our front window. Got to do that journey in a few weeks time down to East Midlands Airport for a few days of training courses. It is just a shame taht I'll miss out on getting along to the Mobile Marine Models open day. So close but yet so far  ::)

cheers

Jim
enjoy life and model boating not necessarily in that order :-)
www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org  or www.paddleducks.co.uk and the best place to live
www.visitshetland.com of course!