Author Topic: Building Billings "Zwarte Zee" nr 592  (Read 12052 times)

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Building Billings "Zwarte Zee" nr 592
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 13:33:28 »
Good to have you back Andy!!
MIKE

Andrew_G

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 09:06:01 »
well i seem to be getting somewhere  ;D Nowhere fast but its definatetly taking shape

Andrew_G

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:42 »
the prop is fitted up but can be removed for painting, i have started priming the hull but i am in middle of wet and drying the hull to get any imperfections out, still have a bit of work to do and must admit its been a nightmare getting this hull smoothed and shaped espescially where the rudder piece fits but i suppose its all good fun :)

I have just quickly varnished the bulkheads, nothing pretty but should seal them against water if nothing else. this will all be hidden once deck is on.

I might nip to Ste Webbs tommorow to pick up a motor.
Any recommendations as i dont fancy sticking a 9 turn brushless in to make it water ski lol  :o
but seriously any motor recommendations??

Andrew_G

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:53 »
Had an happy day spraying the hull  :)

Andrew_G

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:24 »
Obviously it will be black above the waterline

Andrew_G

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 04:31:54 »
I used an Halfords car paint to do the hull.
About eight to ten coats of primer in between additional filling, smoothing and wet/dry.
This has been followed by four coats of red upto now

Andy_G

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:50 »
Well ive been trying to get some more work done on the  hull. I'm now feeling happy because i have drilled out the 50 portholes. All i can say is my dremel now rates in my top 5 modelling tools !!!!! :)

I have also been getting the decks rewady for fitting and have got them shaped and "dry Fitted" so hope to have them on by next week.

I have also bought the engine (speed 600) and the driveshaft couplings. I also invested in my radio gear for this model which is a five channel 2.4 ghz system to take account for any toys i want to add at a later stage.

My next job is to finbish the hull exterior. I expect that Halfords red primer will be sufficient for the bottom half of the hull to give that matt antifoal look but i am open to any suggestions