Author Topic: Copyright Issues ....  (Read 7856 times)

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
Re: Copyright Issues ....
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 15:28:40 »
Answer for you Mike.
Yes and with the photographes that I upload from any site then I also add a note to that file saying where it came from and from who photographed it / posted it so should I need to refer to it I can contact directly or see directly where it came from.

When I post a mystery tug and copy and paste from other websites, when I reply and there is a copyright issued from the site I found it then I include a link to the originnal photo.

My issue is, when my photos appear on publications and websites with no reference to either this forum or my name then that is what I was asking.

As you will be fully aware, at the bottom of the homepage there is a copyright statement for this forum, all websites do not contain this.

Hopefullly this has answered your question.

Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 15:42:52 »
I suppose you could also take a look back at other threads where members have copied and posted photos from other websites ie ; ACTION SHOTS, do we now need to include the link where it came from ?

A can of worms is opening Mike, not too sure why you dug this thread up !

Hows the snow with you anyway, been a great sunny day here today (for a change !)

Regards, Dan.

ps, My main reason for asking is publications have been using my photos for profit, there is no profit made on this forum  ;)

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 15:49:36 »
A can of worms is opening.....is that a threat?
MIKE

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 16:01:17 »
Not at all Mike, not at all.

If you feel the need then delete the whole thread, I asked a question and from the response it was answered  :)

Just not sure why you brought it up thats all.

Regards, Dan.

ps, I have settled most issues with others about copyright and if you wish then report me to shipspotting for using their photos - thats no probs as I have stored an email from them regarding what I do and they are fine with it as long as I add their link after, although, lots of my contacts are members there and they forward me their own original photos before they even go on the site  :)

I could give you a very good example of one of my photographs which is still on google and with another companies copyright on but I won't do that I on here, I am not that low.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 16:19:39 »
I'm not deleting anything.
Just wanted some questions answered.
Think this issue should be kept for further reference.
MIKE

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 16:01:05 »
Have you jumped off your perch now Mike, not sure what that was all about the other night  :-\ :-\

Hopefully you have contacted Ship-Spotters regarding me  :)

I have contacted Flickr regarding you  ^-^

Firstly your 'edited post' ;

http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=1513.msg42664#msg42664

And the original photo of which you will find has a COPYRIGHT on it ;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28918113@N07/3802323969/

You will see on the right-hand-side of the page it states ;

LICENSE ; ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

So for the can of worms ...............

As far as I am concerned, lets drop it, I was simply asking a question and got answers from other members, I don't play tit-for-tat.

Regards, Dan.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 18:35:37 »
Did I contact shipspotters...nope...did'nt have to.

...but you contacted flickr..of which I'm a member.
" I have contacted Flickr regarding you "
LMAO.
 Oh my..how childish.

Like I need to explain my reasons for replying to a thread that you started in the first place...along with one earlier on the same topic; but for the sake of argument, I will.

You've had concerns about people using your pics...and even went to the trouble of watermarking them...now you admit that you're downloading pics from here for your own..... use. I simply posed a question, which you answered; and if anything you obviously did'nt like the question..huh?  Did I hit a nerve?

I asked you if your statement about opening a can of worms was a threat....well you have certainly answered that one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 21:09:18 by tugs53 »
MIKE

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 22:17:39 »
OK.....I've now unlocked this topic but please keep the discussion friendly and constructive.

My own view ...as I have said many times before ...if you post pics anywhere on the net you have to realistically view it as public material...if you post pics on here you are giving us permission to use them....if you don't like any of that then put a watermark on them ...and whats the use of that unless you are a professional photographer making your living from it.

If anyone has any major complaints regarding The Tug Forum and copyright issues please contact me, Tugmaster at tugmaster@modeltugforum.com

Cheers

Tugmaster
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 22:23:42 by TugMaster »
Ok, so I like a drop !

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 23:58:43 »

Tugmaster
[/quote]    Here here ,well put    PUFFIN

Cragsider

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 01:19:56 »
My own view ...as I have said many times before ...if you post pics anywhere on the net you have to realistically view it as public material...if you post pics on here you are giving us permission to use them....if you don't like any of that then put a watermark on them ...and whats the use of that unless you are a professional photographer making your living from it.

Well said Tugmaster, Put your photos in a public domain, expect them to be used.

At the moment I am downloading all available photos of the Tito Neri, as I intend to install various original build and cosmetic features on the model of Beechgarth I have recently purchased.

I have posted other peoples photos on this forum, but never had a problem as I always ask permission first, and always give them the credit and supply them with a link to the posting on the forum for them to view at their convenience. I do this as a mark of respect and good manners, and I have never met with any refusals in fact they have always obliged willingly.

You could almost draw a parallal with the recent Hairy Bikers TV Cookery programme where people post their own cookery recipes on a wall and washing line, Imagine if you said you can have a look at them, but you cant copy them and you most certainly cant cook them. Makes it all pretty pointless doen't it.

Peter.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:11:51 by Cragsider »
Peter.

thelongbuild

• Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:13 »
I always like the bit on plans, or books that have plans in them that state, "May Not be copied or reproduced without permission"  :o :o

I Know it is a Blanket statement and is only there to try and prevent wholesale copying for profit but I always smile when I see it as I never use my Original plan if possible but copy it, and then use the copy to work on, cut out and such, But Technically I have broken Copyright.. police angel police
Next Build M.S.C Volant after 1 other.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 16:06:41 »
This topic is now exhausted and is now being locked and will not be revisited.

Just to remind current and future members .....

If anyone has any major complaints regarding The Tug Forum and copyright issues please contact me, Tugmaster at tugmaster@modeltugforum.com

Cheers

Tugmaster

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 16:31:00 by TugMaster »
Ok, so I like a drop !