Author Topic: Should I be worried???  (Read 5963 times)

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
Should I be worried???
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:04 »
Don't really know how to go about this post so here goes.

I ordered and paid for in full a Yorkshireman kit from Westbourne Model centre on Sunday 16th Jan. I recieved a confirmation email to say that my order was successfull from them and also an email from Sagepay at the same time to say my transaction was also successfull.

Then nothing........

I emailed them through their website on Friday 21st Jan....................No reply as yet

I phoned them the same day and was told that my Hull was made to order and was being made as we spoke. I was told I would recieve my kit early next week.
Well its now Wednesday of next week.
Sent them another email through their site this morning............................No reply!!!

So up to now the only contact I have had from Westbourne Model Centre are 2 automated emails.
I have made one phonecall.
Apart from that I have had no customer support informing me of the state of play!!!
Should I be worried yet or is this an acceptable way to run a buisiness in the modeling trade?
King of the unfinished project

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
  • I Know a fair bit about tugs but am always learning !
Re: Should I be worried???
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:50:47 »
I really can't say if you should be worried, I have never dealt with Westbourne Models, but as it is a Model Slipway kit, you should have gone to them direct as Jackie & Lawrie are very good to talk to and won't let you down  :)

Fingers crossed you get a reply very soon, failing this, contact Model Slipway and explain, then I am sure they will sort issues out  ;)

And there was me thinking you would start a new build thread tonight  :-[

Once you do, could you post some photos to show what you get in the kit and then continue the build  ;) ;)

Regards, Dan.
Photos / Information, I nearly have them all !

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:14 »
Westbourne Models are a good and reputable company, so I would not be over worried at the moment. Like most modelling companies I guess they are small and it only takes an illness to throw their systems to the wall. I have dealt with them in the past with no problem. I would give them a few days and then try to ring them again. I am sure you will get the right response..
Barry

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:34 »
I have just been on their website and there is a part that says and I quote

"If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed to be kept aware of the situation."

Now if my memory serves me correctly (I had had a couple of bevvies) there was no mention of the hull having to be made to order or any other delay mentioned when I placed my order

I understand that things go wrong and add time to things. I have a small hobby engineering business and it happens to me. But what I can't get to grips with is the total lack of feedback and customer support. I have spent the best part of 280 and 10 days later I have only a nearly empty bank account to show for it. I would have thought that they would have kept me informed as at the end of the day they have my email addy, my home addy, my land line number and my mobile.

In todays technologicaly equiped society it aint rocket science to contact anyone is it?

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:43 »

Once you do, could you post some photos to show what you get in the kit and then continue the build  ;) ;)

Regards, Dan.

Hya Dan
          I dont know if I am going to get into trouble for this post. If I do then please delete it Mods.

Build Linky. Please Click is the type of build thread I am used to doing and I intend to do my build on here in the same way. I hope it meets with everyones approval.
Bearing in mind that this is my first ever build of a small variety

mersey dave

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:40:00 »
Westbourne Models are a good and reputable company, so I would not be over worried at the moment. Like most modelling companies I guess they are small and it only takes an illness to throw their systems to the wall. I have dealt with them in the past with no problem. I would give them a few days and then try to ring them again. I am sure you will get the right response..

I myself have use Westbourne Models on a number of times and never had any problems, i am sure they will not let you down.

Regards Dave.

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:48 »
Hey Haggis, that is a cracking set of photos  :)

A great link  :)

As for Westbourne models, I guess you will get a reply as they are a big enough company to trade with  :)

You did say that the hull was made to order .... I am thinking only Model Slipway makes the hull (& kits)  ::)

Regards, Dan.

ps, I have sent a pm to Jackie at Model Slipway who can hopefully verify the issue  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:14:06 by sea.mariner »

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:37:44 »

Regards, Dan.

Hya Dan
          I dont know if I am going to get into trouble for this post. If I do then please delete it Mods.
No problem at our end Haggis..

Build Linky. Please Click is the type of build thread I am used to doing and I intend to do my build on here in the same way. I hope it meets with everyones approval.
Bearing in mind that this is my first ever build of a small variety
Barry

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • nellie irene
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 14:28:32 »
i use westbourne model centre  all the time  most of my stuff come's from them  ive had first class service   'i do know barry the owner has retired'  last year sometime & the 2 sons  are running the show but still getting great service

as you live in scotland  westbourne model centre seem's  a bit far to order from? as sea mariner said  the makers of the kit are from barnsley i belive (im not saying 'dont' buy it from westbourne  but some where nearer to you  you might save some cost on the carrage maybe)   good luck  in building the model when you get  it  regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 14:41:56 »
Its too late tonight to get a reply now from Model Slipway, but without a doubt you will get a reply from Jackie tomorrow  :)

Regards, Dan.

modslip

• Site Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 15:23:13 »
There is not need to worry!! Westbourne Models are a reputable company, we have been supplying them for 20 years. 
Model Slipway hulls are made by outside suppliers; the demand has been high since October and at the moment availability of kits is up to 28 days depending on the model.
The delay is our end not Westbourne's and we apologize for that.

Jackie
ModSlip

sea.mariner

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 15:30:20 »
Many Thanks Jackie for replying to my pm  :) Its good to hear business is doing well  ;) There you are now Haggis1138, you will recieve the kit, just wait a few more days  ;) :) ;) :)

So, for future reference Haggis, just drop Model Slipway a pm on this forum should you need any help, or obviously phone them directly 01226 770008

Hopefully your mind is at rest now  :)

Regards, Dan.

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 21:28:52 »
Thank you everyone for putting my mind at rest. I will recieve my kit soon I hope. What is more upsetting though is the lack of contact. I am not being kept informed at all from Westbourne Model Centre.

I souldn't have to post on a forum to get answers I have asked in emails

I will phone them today assuming I can get a signal at work

thanks everyone

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:15 »
Ok folks we have an update.
I phoned WMC and was told that I would get my model kit by mid next week.
"Thats what I was told last week" says I

Upshot is this. They phoned Jackie at Model Slipway and then phoned me back.

Jackie has now got my hull and is putting together my kit. Also Model Slipway are going to post my kit straight to me here and I may recieve it on Monday.

A big thanks to all at Model Slipway for your help with this. You can look forward to my custom from now on.

No Thanks to Wesbourne for leaving me in the dark. Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired and you can look forward to not recieving any more custom from me.

Thanks to everyone on here for putting up with my rant. Hopefully I will have something to show you all Monday evening all being well

modslip

• Site Supporter
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 10:38:01 »
Correction! what I said is that the kit will be sent on Monday. Expected delivery mid next week.

Jackie