Author Topic: Beechgarth Arrives on Tyneside  (Read 5440 times)

Cragsider

Beechgarth Arrives on Tyneside
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:24:10 »
Hi,

After a successful completion of sale, the Merseys Beechgarth has arrived on Tyneside, rumour has it she will be slipped for a minor refit to include, minor maintenance to the Schottel drive mechanism, electrical installation and colour and name change to reflect the coporate identityof the new owner.

Beechgarth was transported dead ship to Tyneside where the tow was picked up by the Tynes Holmsider and assisted by Flying Spindrift.

Here is Beechgarth and Holmsider making underway up water.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:26:45 by Cragsider »
Peter.

Cragsider

Re: Beechgarth Arrives on Tyneside
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:32:02 »
Slowly making their way past one of Calmacs Ferrys, Loch Fyne.

Peter.

Cragsider

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:37:29 »
Spindrift waiting to take up position.

Then takes up position on Beechgarths stern.

Peter.

Cragsider

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:43:27 »
All done, Holmsider back to mooring
Peter.

Cragsider

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:47:44 »
Spindrift arrives at mooring.

Peter.

Kev30

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 13:15:20 »
Hi Cragsider
Just been looking at your photo's and I take it the maiden voyage for your new purchase was take down at the Tynemouth lake (looks better than when I come up last August s it had thick blanket weed) :( :(
I must ask you about your Holmsider tug I've never seen a model of it before is it scratch built??? As I remember seeing the full size tug when I was working in the north-east back in 1992 and I thought then that it would make a nice working model, back then the Tyne fleet was made up with traditional screw tugs unlike the Schottle / Voith powered tugs than they have up there now.

Regards
Kevin

Cragsider

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 13:27:19 »
Hi Kevin,

It is indeed Tynemouth Lake, it has just been dredged to get rid of all the bottom silt, so fingers crossed there should be no more weed problem.

The Holmsider is actualy produced as a 1/24 semi-kit by a Sunderland Firm, "Orion Mouldings" it builds into a beautiful model that not only looks good, but sails lovely as well.

If you scroll down the adverts on the Left hand side of this page you will find one for Orion and a link to their site.

Peter.
Peter.

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 13:31:23 »
Nice models chaps  :) :)
Tugs are for life      George B

rea towing co

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 13:35:24 »
GREAT PICTURES PETER AND IM GLAD YOUR HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE
SEE YOU SOON  ;)

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 15:09:39 »
Very fine models :) :) :) :) :)
MIKE

Cragsider

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:37 »
SEE YOU SOON  ;)

Hi Peter,

Yes I am very pleased with Beechgarth, I couldn't wait to get it in the water to see what she looked like, she still looks light even with a battery and about 6lb lead.

Looking forward to doing a bit tinkering with it. Hopefully I can find instructions on setting the Schottles correctly as I am on virgin territory with them.

On a seperate note Brian and I enjoyed ouselves at Ellsmere Port, we thought the standard of tugs and tugmanship was excellent and look forward to seeing you all again at the next Tug-in.

I was disapointed that John didn't accept my offer for his boat  ;D

Peter.

Peter.
Peter.

towrope

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 14:17:58 »
Hi Peter sounds like this is another one bound for the Widdrington dockyard when there is a dock ready for her.When she is ready for sevice if you need some training in the use of ASD,s for a small fee I may be able to assist you, cherrs all the best TOWROPE. ;D ;D ;D

poll

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 15:00:22 »
SEE YOU SOON  ;)

Hi Peter,

Yes I am very pleased with Beechgarth, I couldn't wait to get it in the water to see what she looked like, she still looks light even with a battery and about 6lb lead.

Looking forward to doing a bit tinkering with it. Hopefully I can find instructions on setting the Schottles correctly as I am on virgin territory with them.

On a separate note Brian and I enjoyed ourselves at Ellesmere Port, we thought the standard of tugs and tug manship was excellent and look forward to seeing you all again at the next Tug-in.

I was disappointed that John didn't accept my offer for his boat  ;D

Peter.

Peter.
That was your own fault Peter, you wanted to get off home so you did not give me chance to get change for your tenner. LOL

John

Cragsider

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 21:55:32 »
Hi Peter sounds like this is another one bound for the Widdrington dockyard when there is a dock ready for her.When she is ready for sevice if you need some training in the use of ASD,s for a small fee I may be able to assist you, cherrs all the best TOWROPE. ;D ;D ;D

Key words there Towrope being, "When there is a Dock ready for her" I hear here is some builds on the slip, builds that has hands reaching for wallets  ;) I did notice in one certain members wallet some fivers, the old big white fivers, along with some groats and dubloons, not that I'm saying he gets it out often,  ;D ;D ;D

Peter.

towrope

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 13:11:08 »
Hi again Peter you had a very lucky day when you seen his wallet open i have only seen it opened once in thirty odd year and that was only to get rid of a moth that had been traped for some time.Lets hope there is dock available soon al the best Towrope. :-[ :) ;D