Author Topic: Svitzer milford fleet  (Read 7558 times)

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Re: Svitzer milford fleet
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 11:21:48 »
Great photos - thanks for posting these.
Blue sky there - snowing like crazy here today - something wrong with this image!!

tees g

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:39 »

Warrior III underway milford.

Kev30

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 14:10:32 »
I was going through some photo's taken on my camera down at Milford Haven and Swansea on a very wet day in May. Pictures include the Yewgarth now based @ Swansea and the Svitzer Caldey one of the new Milford builds to service the new gas terminal, and finally the Svitzer Pembroke the last addition to the Milford fleet taken at Swansea.

Regards

Kevin
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:27:01 by Kev30 »

Kev30

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 11:32:43 »
Not a Svitzer tug I know but the "Greengarth" tug served Milford Haven well between 1971-1992 when running under the Cory banner later the company was to be taken over by Svitzer.

Regards
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:34:35 by Kev30 »

Kev30

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:49 »
Here's a video I come across on youtube featuring the Milford Haven Svitzer fleet. Which features there big Robert Allen tugs and the Chinese ones they had built for the contract to handle the LNG ships into the Welsh port. Not sure when it was recorded as the Anglegarth and Millgarth also feature in the video and these were 2 of the tugs that handled the oil tankers into Milford before the new builds arrived since then Anglegarth is now in Greenock in Scotland and Millgarth is now part of the Svitzer fleet in Liverpool it also shows the line boats in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRc1Pw_ry00

Hope its of interest to members
Regards
Kevin
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:30:33 by Kev30 »

Kev30

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 07:13:49 »
Just thought I'd attach a photo of Svitzer's Milford Haven tug "Svitzer Waterston" on a rare trip to Bristol where she's been working this last week, the picture was taken today down at Avonmouth.

Regards
Kevin

tugboyben

• Site Supporter
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:47 »
Thank's for posting the photo's Kev
Keep them coming mate

Jason
kirkleesmodelboatclub

Kev30

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 10:28:35 »
Funny enough Jason I went down to Milford in 2011 and the weather was awful as you can see in my photo's in this post.
I arranged with the guy at Svitzer to come down and take pictures of the new tugs that service the two new gas terminals and also the oil refineries which was fine I was informed all but two of the tugs be at the Svitzer base at Pembroke dock, absolutely great I thought.
I went down to Pembroke in May/June and on my way down it was heavy rain and closer to Pembroke heavy sea mist, on entering the office at Svitzer I was told that due to the weather two ships one gas the other oil were delayed in getting into Milford Haven and that the tugs had left and waiting to bring them in the exception being the Svitzer Caldey. I was told that the Svitzer Pembroke was in Swansea so on my way back to Bristol I swung in the docks there and the crew showed me around they vessel really good trip but the weather was not good for taking photo's.
Last year I bought a book about tugs that have worked the ports of Bristol and there were 5 of the new Milford tugs that have helped in bringing ships into Bristol but I haven't heard anything of them being up here, then by chance I looked on a website last week *BINGO*. A phonecall to the Svitzer Bristol office and it was sorted and what a tug the Svitzer Waterston is. So the wait was worth it.

Regards
Kevin

Hande

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 00:53:41 »
hello all!
As a rather ignorant hobbyist, I wonder, if all "Svitzer" tugs are related.
Visiting in Liverpool, I got a rather nice piture of Svitzer Bidston in the morning sun.
Would it belong here among the superb pictures that you have posted already?
Hande

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 05:47:58 »
Yup!  Any and all tug pictures are welcome.

Hande

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 06:45:47 »
SVITZER BIDSTON (IMO: 9286695, MMSI: 235014278) is a tug built in 2004

Liverpool, 26 August, 2017
Taken from the city docks of Liverpool

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 06:52:28 by Hande »

Hande

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 06:53:43 »
Another - closer up.