Author Topic: settling on the tug/tug aquired  (Read 14465 times)

chrisuk

Re: settling on the tug/tug aquired
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:14 »
ok thanks, well my plan is to glean up the motor a bit, remove so off the dirty looking grease an refit it. from there i will look to rewire the tug. Might leave out the truster for the moment till i no the motors work. then do the thruster properley with a small speed controller not a servo with little switches.

any thing else i should no be fore i start an fail ;D

chrisuk

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:19 »
i have re wired the motors an speed controllers but the one makes a arcing sound but no power is it ok for me to run the boat on one speed controller an 12v battery or is this not a good idea?

The speed controller is a CE SYSTEMS type does anybody know where i can get a new one or even who makes them?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:19:22 by chrisuk »

chrisuk

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 14:24:37 »
both motors, both speed controllers an bow thruster works. A bit off a wire tidy tomorrow an take for a sale thursday :D :D

Then down to sorting out the deck an super structure.  confused, still not sure what its based on but will make it up to look like something

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 17:13:26 »
How did you get the 'dud' one going?
MIKE

chrisuk

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 05:24:44 »
Dont no took all wires out off there connections an re wired it again. Put a  :D10amp fuse in line an at worked

mersey dave

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 05:34:23 »
So it sounds like you have done what i said..........Rewire and check again.

It never helps having burnt out wire, Glad to see you have fitted an inline fuse.

Good luck with the rest.

Regards Dave.

chrisuk

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:14 »
Yes i did thank you for the help. If the light is ok when i test i will put up some pictures, maybe a video. Next yob hopefully will be a structal refit. An try an get it to look like what every AHT it is bassed on???

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 20:05:39 »
The hull looks much like one of the big Maersk tugs, but the wheelhouse looks a tad short and the stacks are different..

http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=3264.msg39915#msg39915

Just my view..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 20:08:41 by tugs53 »
MIKE

woodbutcher

• Lloyd B. Gore
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 21:31:36 »
I was in the hobby shop today and the Robbie, Mr Darby kit kit looked pretty close. Same hull and deck fittings.Al

chrisuk

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 12:48:06 »
Well no pictures or video :( :(.

To start with think its wired up wrong ???, the motors would not push it probley  ;D.

An it SUNK angry, well not quite but if i had left it go a bit more it would have, got in the water an pushed it to the side but took 3 off us to lift it out ;D ;D

it was not rough though so cant work out where its coming from???

back to the drawing board or is it just me an cant pick a boat? Maybe i should have left it an walked away  :'(

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 20:23:19 »
Don`t give up so easy!!
It`s a used model, so there`s bound to be some quirks involved.
MIKE

chrisuk

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 21:52:11 »
True, just dont really have anywhere to do any major works on the model

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • SHUSWAP :2017
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 00:33:03 »
the first place to look would be the shafts  & thrusters   also if you were running the model  look up the anchor ports ( i hade a part built yorkshireman  that was taking lots of water!!)  it was the anchorports they was not glued in very well!!   so give them a look    regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11

mersey dave

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:55 »
Well no pictures or video :( :(.

To start with think its wired up wrong ???, the motors would not push it probley  ;D.

An it SUNK angry, well not quite but if i had left it go a bit more it would have, got in the water an pushed it to the side but took 3 off us to lift it out ;D ;D

it was not rough though so cant work out where its coming from???

back to the drawing board or is it just me an cant pick a boat? Maybe i should have left it an walked away  :'(

The motors would not push.................Have you checked that you have a left and right prop, if so check to see if they are rotating in the right direction.

You can't see where the water is getting in..................if you can put a light inside the boat and then check to see if any light is getting out........ie cracks ect.

Regards Dave.

chrisuk

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:15 »
Tried the torch can see any light coming through, as for the motor i think i have the wires on the wrong side they are both the same?

which way should the props spin for it to work