Author Topic: Re: BRAT look-alike Tug Build  (Read 18147 times)

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
Re: BRAT look-alike Tug Build
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 00:19:12 »
Hi RBI,

Do you work for RAL?? If so do you have a responce as to the position RAL takes on this type of situation? I have not seen it and maybe it is there and published already.

Of course if you are prominent in an industry the odds are far greater that people will like your work, Modellers will never in most cases ever own an actual vessel themselves, and very few will skipper them so the model build is the next best option. I think that under ligitimate circumstances there should be no restriction on building as long as it is not for commercial gain and they are advertised as such throught retail and hobby outlets. There will always be backyard operators who are just in it for the money but these consequences are certainly miniscule in comparison to full sized ship building in Asia and far East. If there is a big problem with blatant copyright infringement for commercial gain by all means enforce your rights, it is your product and design.

It is obvious that you do not need to release any drawings, it is proven to be not needed, but please state some place your position and /or endorse a little the art of model tug building and then modeller will not feel they are acting illegially and be driven underground. They will still build regardless.

Looking for a positive and pleasant responce to end this issue.

Regards
VANYA
VANYA

RBI

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 07:48:57 »
Good morning to all  You asked Iam Ron Burchett the  " B" in BRAtt - Burchett-Rob Allan training tug  It is very strait forward 2-3 modelers have in the past make it tuff for the rest of you. 99% of you are great people and build models for " FUN "  thanks  Ron

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
Re: Re: BRAT look-alike Tug Build
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:25 »
Hopefully, this brings some closure to a sticky topic...in an otherwise interesting model tug build thread.

Suds
"Suds"

seahunt56

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 08:49:57 »
I'm with Spuds.  I had no idea that by wanting to build that neat little tug, it was going to cause so much conversation.  On word with the build....... 

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 09:13:09 »
Spuds :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MIKE

seahunt56

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 10:34:50 »
 :-X   Never reply to a thread with out your glasses on.   Sorry Sodburry II

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 10:49:13 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MIKE

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 18:09:40 »
Thanks Ron,

It is nice to hear from an important source regarding in this controversy and hopefully it will end quickly.

So in the past there have been copyright infringements that have spoiled the other 99% of us and maybe soured the outlook from the RAL company which is understood in that context.

So.......... is it OK for a private hobby model maker to use the limited information that is freely displayed on the web, in industry publications and through there own photos for them to construct A ( i.e one) working model of a RAL designed tugboat.

It is a yes on no answer.

Regards

VANYA
VANYA

west coast tug

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 20:54:02 »
There is no problem with one tug being made .
Gary

RBI

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 22:36:50 »
The short answer " YES "  have  " FUN"   thanks  Ron

tango

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 00:09:47 »
RIGHT, NOW THAT IS SORTED CAN WE PLEASE GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK. ANY MORE POSTS ON HERE OR NEW THREADS STARTED REGARDING COPYRIGHT WILL BE REMOVED....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 00:19:01 by tango »
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

olscuzbut

• Keep on tuggin'
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 07:47:18 »
Yeah, my sentiments exactly.!!!  Any update pictures on your build seahunt??? THAT is what this thread is all about.

seahunt56

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 09:29:32 »
Might be able to get one or two on later today.  Steve

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 11:35:05 »
Thank you all.

What we hoped for.

VANYA.
VANYA

seahunt56

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 13:53:34 »
I must be getting old   ::)   or to many cocktails   :o    I forgot to bring my camera with me to my shop today.
  Over the weekend I added about 6 inches to the keel.  My thinking was that if I want to tow from the stern,  that might help with the tracking.  And I started on the splitter for making the 2 piece mold.  Not an easy task.  Lots of cutting and fitting and cussing.