Author Topic: Re: BRAT look-alike Tug Build  (Read 17396 times)

Tiaki

Re: BRAT look-alike Tug Build
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 14:13:56 »
My condolensces also, just been through that 3 months ago and still trying to unravel the financial tangle. My draft plan is not exact and it is unlikely it ever will be without the boat yard plans to copy. When most people doddle on paper I doddle with Autocad. It fills in the spare time when not in the cold workshop during the winter months. Mk 2 is closer and possible as close as I can ever get working from the info I have gleaned from the web. I would venture to say that there is unlikely to be two exactly identicle hulls in full size scale anyway!

seahunt56

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2011, 04:57:52 »
Autocad would be fun to play with.  Just think of the things we could design.

Tiaki

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 07:06:46 »
Unfortunately that is my problem. Everthing from my house renovations to my models and everything in between gets put through Autocad. I got sucked into it when designing scientific instruments for 10 years and haven't shaken the habit yet. I'm currently working on a bunch of boat designs (mainly tugs) and 2 aircraft. It saves an enormous amount on buying plans. Once I get the hull form completed then it is set aside until the hull is built to prove the design. Luckily enough I'm in no hurry to complete most of the models and those that I have been pushing to complete are done and the plans proved then archived. The BRAtt design was a challenge to get it right including the topside structures while it was fresh on my mind. I have enough information to build over 100 boats of which 30 plus are stockpiled or further advanced and some even finished. It would seem I like designing and scratch building models!
Cheers

seahunt56

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2011, 14:21:14 »
  The time has come to where I have had to make a tough decision.  Since my fathers death, and taking over his business, still running my woodworking business, and being a dog agility instructor with my wife, there has not been any time to work on my tug.  It is sitting on the work bench slowly collecting dust and getting in the way. 
  So I am thinking about selling the plug to someone that might be interested in finishing it.  All that is really needed is a bit of wet sanding, and making the 2 piece mold.  I would want one hull for myself for sometime in the future, which would be part of the selling price.
  If any of you modelers are interested in this little tug mold, drop me an email and we can talk.
Thanks to everyone for your help and support with my build up to this point.   Steve