Author Topic: Swire 'B' Class AHTS/UT-720  (Read 17313 times)

seahawk 1

Re: Swire 'B' Class AHTS/UT-720
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 13:02:48 »
I have never doubted that Andre runs a very respectable 1st class operation. I would not have done business with him otherwise.  Whomever put a 'bug' in his ear about this problem, I want to say thank you!  I received this message today from Andre:

Dear Mr. Winter,

I heard on a forum you have not received the goods. Why they do not have
Mail written. No matter.

Today, I have now done with DHL consultation and experience the goods in the U.S. was badly damaged and the sender (ie us) has been returned. It will probably be something like on it. The insurance covers the damage.

Today I discussed with my staff that we produce over the coming weekend, all the parts for you once again and sending it to them on Monday.

We will send the goods by DHL Air Express, the cost, DHL.
The package will be delivered within one week. I will send you the Träking number.

I am very sorry you had to wait so long. As compensation, I'll grab you some more parts in the package.

So, thanks to my silent friends here.
Mike
I took an I.Q. test once..........The results came back negative.

seahawk 1

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 13:11:12 »
If anyone here can translate English to German, Please PM me.  I need some assistance in responding to a request from Andre.
Thanks,
Mike

Adam66

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 09:08:52 »
Sent the German written mail to me, and I will see what I can do for you

seahawk 1

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 14:51:24 »
Adam, please let Andre know, IT IS HERE!  :) :)

Was it worth the wait and all that all parties had to go through to get it here, ABSOLUTELY!  

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 14:55:03 by seahawk 1 »

Fatcat

• Dan's RC Boats
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 21:48:00 »
Would love one of these but they are too small. I only work to a min of 1/24th scale.

I'm following this with great interest so please post loads of build photos!

Dan

seahawk 1

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 11:52:01 »
I have spent the morning going through the vast assortment of parts I received.  The CNC work is mind boggling.  Yes, there is a lot of 'pre-fab' done, there is still a tremendous amout of building ahead.
More pics of the parts.  The decks are milled with the slots to align the walls/cargo rails/etc. All windows are precut, (have to make the frames though). Thrusters haven't arrived yet- 2-bow 1-stern.

Type212

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 11:46:20 »
Everything looks beautifull. How is done hull?? It is epoxy, or polyester resin?? Polyester smells. Material of the hull is cloth, or mat?? Thanks for info, I am ready to purchase this ship too.

seahawk 1

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 14:48:34 »
The hull is polyester/cloth.  VERY strong and light. The supplied disc shows how he made the master.  The hull has no marks for thrusters, ports, etc, but all this is shown clearly on the plans.  3 sheets of plans that include winches, masts.  The deck hatch is supplied pre-cut. *Note, they do not show the cargo deck, but I asked and one was made up for me.  Plenty of room inside for any conceivable function. If one to purchase the entire kit, it is well worth the $$. 

Type212

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 23:28:45 »
Thanks for info, I will purchase this hull.

seahawk 1

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 16:08:39 »
A few more shots before I start cutting and fitting.  Andre sent me a pair of Kort nozzles that he provides with this boat, but I already had some from Mobile Marine. Both are for 70mm props.
There is ALOT of room inside this hull as shown with 2 12v 12ah SLA batteries. 

Type212

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:52 »
Quality of the hull looks little bit POOR. I do not know, what is for this 180 euro.

Type212

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:44:34 »
Looking on pictures of the hull, I starting ahain thinking about my own hull for this ship. Quality is not there. Prices of superstructure parts goes up as crazy.

Fatcat

• Dan's RC Boats
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 08:50:50 »
Quality of the hull looks little bit POOR. I do not know, what is for this 180 euro.

I'm no expert in GRP however the last photo uploaded, the bow hull thickness looks very thin indeed. I personally would lay more GRP on top of this to add some strength and thickness. You could of built the hull yourself using the plans available on swires site.

Navy2000

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 13:37:53 »
From what I see in the photos they had a poorly built master hull as well. I have been building master hulls for another company and they are much smoother than what that hulll looks to be. If you don't build a fine master hull then the end porduct will show it in the end. I would also agree the hull looks to be thin.

Duane

seahawk 1

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 13:48:30 »
The hull is a bit thinner than I expected, or am used to.  There is no gelcoat, just a very lite coat of white primer so the light shows through very well, (well lit shop).  Granted, I have purchased higher quality hulls, but this one I have no complaints about.  As for the price of the plastic parts...plastic itself has gone way up and the CNC work is something to be seen up close.  It's money well spent, and will build into a very nice boat.
Mike
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 14:08:18 by seahawk 1 »