Author Topic: Broken padle tug [forceful]? I have been given.  (Read 5242 times)

eric m

Broken padle tug [forceful]? I have been given.
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:39:37 »
I have been given a plank on frame steam powered padle tug. The boiler and burners are missing.  I have built model boats for many years, but not tugs, so my knowledge is limited.  The tug is twin funnels side by side black hull buff funnels black topping.  Of course this might just be the original builders choice.  I do not know how to post photoes on to the forum.

Any help with information or where to get same.  Either with tug, or how to post pictures would be much appreceated.

Real new member,

Eric m.

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: Broken padle tug [forceful]? I have been given.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:27 »
Welcome to the Forum, Eric. Happy to have you with us.

To post pictures click on the "additional options" below left
Click on the "browse button"
Find the picture you wish to post and highlite it
Click the "open" button and your picture will be posted
To add more pictures, limit 3, click "more attachments"
Be mindful of the size limitations, 3000 KB per post
VGJQ

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:42:48 »
I have been given a plank on frame steam powered padle tug. The boiler and burners are missing.  I have built model boats for many years, but not tugs, so my knowledge is limited.  The tug is twin funnels side by side black hull buff funnels black topping.  Of course this might just be the original builders choice.  I do not know how to post photoes on to the forum.

Any help with information or where to get same.  Either with tug, or how to post pictures would be much appreceated.

Real new member,

Eric m.
HI ERIC  ;  Welcome to the tug forum  It would help you if you posted your location in your profile .  PUFFIN

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:30:57 »
Hi Eric

You dont say if it is a modern looking tug or not but this sounds like an ex RN director class paddle tug. The class of seven were built 1957/58 specifically for handling aircraft carriers. They were powered by four paxman diesel engines. The paint scheme you quote is about right, black hull, yellow/buff superstructure and funnels with black top. One of the class was named Forceful. I have attached a photo of Faithful. If I have got the right tug and you need it a full size plan [1/32 ish] is available from www.myhobbystore.co.uk, plan No MM1292. Hope info of use.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:08:34 by thamestug »
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!
IF IT DONT FLOAT...TOW IT UNTIL IT DOES!!!!

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 16:57:07 »
How's the rebuild coming Eric?
MIKE