Author Topic: New to towing and need help?  (Read 12530 times)

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
Re: New to towing and need help?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 17:22:50 »
HI ANDY ; Those TAMAYA TRANSMISSION are small and very powerful. You can hide it all on deck as I have done on a couple of tugs .   PUFFIN

tugnut

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 08:37:28 »
Hi Daz,  Do's the props work OK in that position?  lol

John
;D ;D ;D ;D Just use your tug with bigger motors it tows ok ;)

regards John
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:39:35 by tugnut »
john b

poll

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 11:10:50 »
Hi John    She looks well, Trying to arrange to come to your end in March.

John.

captcb

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 20:59:10 »
Tango, How did you become a Moderator, on a Tug Boat forum, without the skill's to go kick but, in a WEST COAST (US) TUG RAGATTA? Ron, and the boys play for keeps, as do some of us in SO. Ca.  Best Wish's, CB

tango

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 04:22:51 »
Tango, How did you become a Moderator, on a Tug Boat forum without the skill's to go kick

Quite simple really, I am co-founder of this forum and along with Tugmaster.... I personally resent your comments regarding the "skills" you perceive that I need to be a moderator on here...
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.

captcb

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 16:31:18 »
Tango, I did not know you were Co-Founder of this site. Around here, West Coast,US, most of the guys that are in senior positions, within the model tug groups, are also the most experienced, and the most skilled. That way we can answer any questions, and  explaine how someone could have done a maneuver better, or the best way to build something. Over half of our senior tug guy's, as you well know, hold a Captains, or Masters, License. I am sorry, if I offended you, that was not my intent. CaptCB

skibo

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 18:26:20 »
Hello Tango,
I don't post here much but I have built many r/c boats and several tugs, so with that said! The beginning can be easy or tough, it depends where your building talents are and your tooling type you have in your shop, I believe in the K.I.S.S principle, keep it simple stupid!  :) I think buying a ready made tug to begin with, it would solve alot of your questions, and heart aches building your first tug. A predesigned model tug has most problems worked out that could lend it' self to changes later. Personally my choice would be the American Beauty by Dumas Boats, a very good quality kit, around three feet in length, fiberglass hull, wide beam for plenty of gear and a very nice looking pusher at that. ;) I know I don't know where you live and what type of water conditions you have to sail in, but that was my two cents worth
skibo

chipchase

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 15:30:19 »
Tango, How did you become a Moderator, on a Tug Boat forum, without the skill's to go kick but, in a WEST COAST (US) TUG RAGATTA? Ron, and the boys play for keeps, as do some of us in SO. Ca.  Best Wish's, CB

Hi I must disagree with your statement about (Tango) Mark has a lot of knowledge and has given a lot of memberís on this forum very good advice. After all the forum deals mostly with model tug boats.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 23:55:09 by chipchase »
Brian

seathug

• patience is a virtue
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 09:26:27 »
Hi guys

do you think the aziz tugboat would be able to pull lets say me on a inflatable row boats
200 poundhehehehhe

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 19:07:04 »
Those,s  inflatable boats are very difficult to  tow esspiecally in  a wind . A  28 foot aluminum boat would be easyer .        Puffin

seathug

• patience is a virtue
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2013, 14:45:34 »
Hi guys
need help
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYcIaL4f9pE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

can someone help me where I can find this kit?

Thanx

jerome morris

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 11:02:31 »
That's an American Beauty by Dumas.
 Probably still available.
 Check the dumas products web site.