Author Topic: For Sale Live Steam Tug, SOLD  (Read 2371 times)

Roger777

For Sale Live Steam Tug, SOLD
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:07:34 »
This live Steam Tug "Charlie" has been very well built, it is based on a 1930's Harbour Steam Tug. The engineering detail and the wood construction are of a high standard. The hull is fibreglass with the super structure and decking in wood. The Tug measures 54" long 13" beam and 26" high, it is fitted with a Cheddar Pegasus boiler operating at 60psi,which has recently passed a full hydraulic and steam test, with an issue of a current boiler certificate. The Cheddar automatic boiler control system is an ingenious electronic computer which monitors the flow of gas and water to the boiler through valves etc.The engine is a twin cylinder,vertical,with a displacement lubricator, there is an onboard water tank, housing for a C500 Colmans gas cylinder, a 4" four bladed brass propeller and a Futaba 40mhz Radio, all ready to sail.
Over the last few weeks i have been privileged to have sailed this amazing vessel and it does sail extremely well, sailing time is approximately one hour before requiring to top up the water tank etc.
I am selling this Tug on behalf of a friend, as part of his late fathers estate, and all genuine offers will be considered but i must emphasize this sale is only open to the serious steam enthusiast.

Photograghs to follow.

For futher details contact Roger  on 07860 775273

STEAM TUG SOLD

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:22:19 by Roger777 »

poll

Re: For Sale Live Steam Tug
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:29 »
Hi.  I would like to put some more photo's up of the Steam Tug this is  on behalf of Roger 777.

John.

poll

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:55 »
more

John

poll

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:51:28 »
more

John

poll