Author Topic: Any tug for sale Pref more modern than old  (Read 1934 times)

blaven03

Any tug for sale Pref more modern than old
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:30 »
Hi all.
Em just started my first project build how ever struggling to find the time because currently serving a cadetship on harbour tugs and shoalbusters so time is hard to find. so realisticly itl take me the longer than a year to complete my tug, so instead of the despair of waiting i was hopping mayb to buy a rtr one if any are going. would prefer a more modern harbour tug style rtr but very willing to see what is offerd. but i realy dont have the time for too builds so if it could be ready to run that would be great. thanks for your time and if there are any on offer send a few pics and a price. thanks DJ

ixion

Re: Any tug for sale Pref more modern than old
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:37:58 »
Not a tug, but I have this for sale the GRY MARITHA isles of Scilly supply ship. It has working bow thruster, crane and fire monitor, has been built and painted to a VERY high standard and has a wealth of extra detail.

blaven03

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:01 »
 :) nice model you have. But i expect its out of my budget and also shipping would be hard due to size. but thankyou for the chance. thanks

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 21:46:47 »
Sounds like you are living the dream of being at sea in a tug. . .I can smell the salt air as I type. . .I hope you the very best in finding your "ready to go" tug. You are in the right place here, these folks around here know tugs. I would be interested in hearing about what you find in your search for your tug. All tugs have a story to tell. . .

Ixion. . .your "Gry Maritha" supply vessel is priceless indeed. . .what a beautiful ship. I can only hope to achieve closeness in my venture of the "Kathy Sue" and the "Misty Anne" I enclosed a picture for you DJ so as to reinforce your wise plan to skip years of waiting and thousands of hours of work. What ever you locate. . .it will be a labor of love.

Don't forget DJ and let us know about your new tug. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington

Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com