Author Topic: Strongest Tugs in the World  (Read 3420 times)

cranton

• Site Supporter
Strongest Tugs in the World
« on: November 04, 2011, 19:24:17 »
I'm sure a few of you will be familiar with the book - Sterkste Zeeslepers Ter Wereld which I believe translates into Strongest Tugs in the World.  Published in 1984.  While the text is in Dutch for the first 35 pages the real content is the hundreds of good sized photos of your favorite topic.  After seeing a copy years ago I was lucky enough to acquire one and I've treasured this book for years.  Recently I noticed there are 4 copies available for sale at www.abebooks.com ranging in price from $33 to $65.  Abebooks is an on-line search and sales engine for thousands of used bookshops around the world.  I use them extensively and I've never been disappointed.  I just thought I would mention the book here for anyone who has never heard of it.  Just search for the title 'Zeeslepers'.  If you are reading this section of the forum I know you won't be disappointed by this book.  So if you were feeling a little in the need for an early Christmas present for yourself check it out.   Cheers Chris
Love ships, turn green on wet grass

Volker

Re: Strongest Tugs in the World
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 00:26:29 »
You are right it is a great book. It is a pitty that it never got updated.
Cheers, Volker

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Strongest Tugs in the World
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:41:15 »
Welcome Aboard the Tug Forum Chris!

I hear you're building a 'strong tug' yourself ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:04:04 by tugs53 »
MIKE