Author Topic: tyne tugs  (Read 6497 times)

Roby

Re: tyne tugs
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:04 »
Hi Barry are you the young lad in the photo ? Roby.
TUG IT.

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 06:52:41 »
Roby /Norman
I would be interested in the pictures of Beamish for it is virtually the tug I am building by all accounts.

Toby

Ukip.sjt*at* gmail*dot*com

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 07:53:35 »
Roby /Norman
I would be interested in the pictures of Beamish for it is virtually the tug I am building by all accounts.

Toby

Ukip.sjt*at* gmail*dot*com

Hello Toby the Beamish was a Birch class Empire tug. Empire Paul she was a different build to the Foremost class empires Margaret,Leonard and Raymond, the birch class was slightly longer but narrower and had more sheer ( rise of deck at the front) than the Foremost class.
Tugs are for life      George B

Toby

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2016, 11:18:29 »
George B

Thank you for the update. My hull does not have much shear. I am going to scan a line drawing later and post it. I was just looking at the bridge and the differing heights of the superstructure  when I made my comment about Beamish. Is there a definitive set of drawings showing the differences between the various Empires and other tugs say from a even just a side view.

Toby

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 12:11:52 »
If you can Send me a personal message with your e mail address I will try to send you some side view drawings of the various classes.
Tugs are for life      George B

Barry

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 04:59:30 »
Hi Barry are you the young lad in the photo ? Roby.
Hi Toby, I'm not in the photo. I was about four years old when Grandpa died, sadly I have no memories of him and never got to see his tugboat.
Barry.