Author Topic: English hospitality....  (Read 4493 times)

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
English hospitality....
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:36:42 »

An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own.
He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have a pint of Guinness.

After awhile, he finds himself in a very high class neighbourhood.....big, stately residences...
no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all... NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS.

He really, really has to go, after all those Guinness's. He finds a narrow side street, with high walls
surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem. As he is unzipping,
he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobby, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."
"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public restroom."
"Ah, yes," said the bobby..."Just follow me". He leads him to a back "delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the bobby. "Whiz away sir, anywhere you want." The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculpted hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom. Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly relieved. As he goes back through the gate, he says to the bobby, "That was really decent of you... is that what you call 'English Hospitality'?"

"No, sir" replies the bobby, "that is what we call the French Embassy."

Barry

CGAux26

Re: English hospitality....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 16:41:19 »
That's how we on the NW side of the Pacific feel about the Frogs, too.
Dave

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 16:44:19 »
Oh dear....... :o :o :o :o :o :o
MIKE

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 04:38:47 »
 angel
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:54:53 by Model Tug Man »
VGJQ

bourricot

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:20 »
3 years ago it was a man here nammed Xtian29

Then one time an american said that it was marvelous, incredible as a 90's built tug was refitted with kort nozzle and the bollard pull increased by 10%. Incredible isn'it ?

Then Xtian said that it's since the 50'S european tugs are equipped with kort nozzle and then it was firstly strange to built a tug in the 90's without nozzle and it's also strange to said : marvelous, incredible etc... like a chicken discovered a clock in the hen house, as everybody in Europe know that !

This american said he was insulted and other words ... Then Xtian was banned for two months.

Two months later, unable to re-register, six months later still the same, a year later no change : impossible to access due to the IP of the computer.

Finally Xtian29 came back to this forum as Bourricot (donkey in French) ...  I love the tugs, I love the models, I love tug models and this forum is just the right tool for this passion.  

I thought there was humor, indulgence and understanding here. This story of an American who felt insulted when it was just a fact that US tugs were technically far behind the rest of the world.

I don't care about this French toilet history or French knife, I well know many history like that and also some about American and English if you want (not sure that some here are able to accept as shown with this american insulted when talking about  Kort nozzle ....)

I simply note that in other times Xtian was banned from this forum for less than that. And he is still banned:  Bourricot happily replace him ...

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:38:23 by bourricot »

thelongbuild

• Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:02 »
Not sure why you were banned over something like that..Unless there was more to it than we know.

Not really sure why an American should be insulted by that..

Inter contenant Humour has been around ever since we knew about Contentants (I'll have a P please Bob, or is that Constanants  ;D)

I am an American, Living in England, with my fathers side coming from France, Mother English and a bit of Australian and Irish in the mixture somewhere along the line..
IMHOP as long as the Hunour is not directed to an individual anybody who takes offence needs to get a reality check..  

REgardless of the stupid pc brigade EVERY Nation takes the micky out of each other at some stage..ITS Life..

Welcome back to the madhouse bourricot. angel
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:57:02 by thelongbuild »
Next Build M.S.C Volant after 1 other.

bourricot

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 06:38:33 »
Nope, it was no more than comparing american discovering the kort nozzle to a chicken discovering a clock in the hen house

I was insulting a whole nation as talking about a chicken discovering a clock in hen house and then  banned  for two months ... and more as I still banned as Xtian29 and with my personnal PC (IP banned)

Then my fault at that time was that I would like to explain my point of view saying that american towing industrie was really old fashion with one propeller tugs, no nozzles etc..  Then, someone just discovered the Kort nozzle ! 

It is less accurate now as the american harbour tugs are in a decade of change. The deep sea and off-shore industrie start to do the same (see the new crowley serie)

I fully don't care with this joke about French. I spending my time in so many countries in the world, I well know that there is equal percentage of stupid people and people without knowledge of what they are talking in all countries. Then I certainely better know the american and rest of the world tugs than this man who was "insulted"  

I just want to point this fact that for less "humour" I was banned !  Then Footski, the author of this joke was involved in this ban 

I hope that Bourricot is a good boy ... no need to banned again ?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:01:09 by bourricot »

Todd

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 07:39:02 »
A tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own.
He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have a pint of Guinness.

After awhile, he finds himself in a very high class neighbourhood.....big, stately residences...
no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all... NO PUBLIC TOILETS.

He really, really has to go, after all those Guinness's. He finds a narrow side street, with high walls
surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem. As he is unzipping,
he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobby, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."
"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the person, "but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public restroom."
"Ah, yes," said the bobby..."Just follow me". He leads him to a back "delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens.

"In there," points the bobby. "Whiz away sir, anywhere you want." The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. Manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculpted hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom. Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly relieved. As he goes back through the gate, he says to the bobby, "That was really decent of you... is that what you call 'English Hospitality'?"

"No, sir" replies the bobby, "that is what we call the (Insert the country of your choice here) Embassy."

Hope the edited version is PC enough for ALL persons who may suffer from a fit of the vapours at the mention of a specific Country, Race, Creed or Gender.

Jim   ;D   ;D   ;D  
Capt Jim

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:11:05 »
I KNEW it was you quite a while back, xtian as you "slipped" when you posted the letter reply received from Hbr Models (since removed)...plus a few other antidotes.  
The fact that you've returned and not caused anyone any grief or sought 'pay-back' speaks volumes in my eyes.

I'm half Russian (and no I'm NOT in a hurry)...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

While it's not up to me as a moderator to ban or un-ban anyone from this forum; may I say it's good to have you back, as a worthy contributor in several topics.

The beauty of this forum is we all share a common interest in a truly 'international and non-racial' topic!!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:42:44 by tugs53 »
MIKE

bourricot

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 08:39:18 »
The beauty of this forum is we all share a common interest in a truly 'international and non-racial' topic!!!

I KNEW it was you quite a while back
It's four "master" on the mystery tug play with Xtian29, Mariner, JohnT and Bourrico : Can you imagine there is two French in this list  :o
 ;D

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 08:42:05 »
Mariner, JohnT

That...I also know!
MIKE

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:00 »
"The beauty of this forum is we all share a common interest in a truly 'international and non-racial' topic!!!"

Here here!!
"Suds"

bourricot

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:08 »
You mean Mariner and John T are the same man ?  I was thinking like that then as I'm still in contact with Mariner, I'm no more sure about that !

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:45 »
I meant that the four most knowledgeable players on the 'Name that Tug' thread are you (and, or as xtian)...johnt and Sea Mariner.
MIKE