Author Topic: PSV Lowland Prowler 1:70 Build  (Read 12225 times)

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: PSV Lowland Prowler 1:70 Build
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 09:21:47 »
It is slow but rewarding. Take your time and enjoy. She is coming along nicely.
VGJQ

TMIS

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 02:09:55 »
Lovely model CT - keep up the good work. I sailed on her too (with you) - many memories of stooging around the North Sea............

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 14:07:01 »
Aye TMIS, plenty of fond memories...and stooging!

How are your builds going?

I should really update my progress on the Prowler...I'm really enjoying the build but struggle to find enough hours to indulge!!
She's got her tyres on and the electrics are all in...currently working on accommodation, then it's just the main deck to finish off and she'll be on the water!

CT
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 14:37:46 by Capt.Towline »

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:58 »
1. Rescue boat made from dowel rod and plastic sheet

2. Rescue boat complete along with Lifeboats: brass rails on hull for engine water cooling and brass rails at the top for self spray protection.

3. Gangway made from plastic sheeting, 1mm brass rod and thread.

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 06:58:00 »
1 & 2. Small LED board set up. Each LED with individual resistor due to combined colours on certain strings. 25 pin connector block between accommodation and inside of hull.

3. Installed into accommodation block

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 07:02:11 »
1. Overview of Bridge layout

2. Aft console with joystick control unit. Seat on track. Chart table and radio room area. Stairs down to lower deck.

3. Main Bridge console with Radars either side. Fixed seat. Small cupboards in corner.

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 07:07:21 »
1. Radio Rx and robbe multiswitch decoder. Also 25 pin connector. This sits in the forward part of the hull below the accommodation block.

2. 12v and 6v boards along with ESC's for two main motors and bow/stern thrusters. This unit sits in the main body of the hull below main deck.

3. Sound board with Action's Noisy thing + amp and separate P13 Fog horn - I didn't like the idea of the engine noise stopping while the horn sounded!

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 07:14:46 »
1 & 2. The main hull is now completed with draft marks and thruster markers applied. The accommodation block is well under way and bridge now enclosed: I appreciate that it may now be difficult to see the bridge layout or the LED's I put into the forward console but I know that's it all there and that's enough for me!
Some LED wires still running out the top of the Bridge deck head - they are for the masted nav lights and deck flood lights.

3. Tyres fixed on and Ships name and Port of Registry applied.

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 07:21:41 »
Forward end of main deck. Liferaft cradle, Emergency fire pump room, Lifebuoys with light floats, vents and covers, oxy-accetalene tanks, Fire hose box and ISC box, crane base and deck store under. Supports for rescue boat and gangway above main deck.

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 07:25:52 »
Well thats it for now! Not sure how much I'll get done over Xmas but hopefully get her out on the water in the New Year!!

Best Regards,
CT

chipchase

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 15:32:56 »
She is coming along CT, cool you will certainly see her coming when you get all of lights fired up.
Brian

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 00:25:21 »
She is coming along CT, cool you will certainly see her coming when you get all of lights fired up.

Aye Brian, a case of over the top in some ways but, as I learned my 'Rules of the Road' on this vessel, it seemed fitting that most sailing conditions were available on the mast!! Mind you I'm hoping I won't have to use  Not Under Command too often! You got any waders up at your lake?

CT

TMIS

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 08:47:56 »
CT - I am having flash backs! You are doing a great job. Look forward to seeing some pictures 'waiting on weather' for days on end..... ;)

bandk

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 11:10:11 »
I think I can beat you for time! I was given as a leaving present a grp hull of the Wimpey Seahunter (renamed over the years-Havila Champion-IOS Champion-Bourbon Champion-and recently Med Sette) This was in 1991.

Jobs being jobs and life being life, it was started but then shelved (along with a second hull I bought) I retired in September and clearing out the loft I came across them  >:D voila something to keep me occupied for the next year or so! 22 years in the making and a few more to add to them yet  :D

You will notice the state of them shows how long they have been in storage- damage courtesy of a 5 year old son who is now in his 20's.

EDIT: sorry at the moment its impossible to upload pics.

Capt.Towline

• Site Supporter
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:03 »
I think I can beat you for time! I was given as a leaving present a grp hull of the Wimpey Seahunter (renamed over the years-Havila Champion-IOS Champion-Bourbon Champion-and recently Med Sette) This was in 1991.

Jobs being jobs and life being life, it was started but then shelved (along with a second hull I bought) I retired in September and clearing out the loft I came across them  >:D voila something to keep me occupied for the next year or so! 22 years in the making and a few more to add to them yet  :D

You will notice the state of them shows how long they have been in storage- damage courtesy of a 5 year old son who is now in his 20's.

EDIT: sorry at the moment its impossible to upload pics.

Hi bandk,

Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only slow worker!!
I don't remember the Wimpey Seahunter...bit before my career started...but a shipspotter search shows her under the previous name of Portoslavo and I remember seeing her regularly in the North Sea. I see she then became Med Sette in 2004 with a new UT755 launched in 2005 as Portosalvo.

I hope the site admin gets the picture problems get sorted out soon....this site is a great resource for info and ideas! Look forward to seeing some of your pictures. Enjoy your retirement.

CT