Author Topic: JACKO  (Read 10595 times)

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
Re: JACKO
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 06:21:40 »
JACKO under the weather!!!!
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!
IF IT DONT FLOAT...TOW IT UNTIL IT DOES!!!!

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 20:12:09 »
Looks like you need to refurbish and refit it already. Well done.

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:17 »
Thanks Sea Monkey.

JACKO with the lid off. 4.5ah battery, distribution board and ESC and receiver. Below electronics is Graupner 500E motor running on 6 volts. Screw down funnel secures cabin top. On/off switch located in base of skippers seat.  Ran trials at the lake today and tho she was a bit tight to begin with things soon eased off and very pleased with result. Did wonder if she would need a slightly larger rudder but she proved very manouevrable. I did ponder with putting a little more ballast under the cockpit floor but when that stern fender got wet it solved the problem. She weights in at about 15lbs. Will need now to seal off the cockpit floor tho as the low freeboard means a bit of water came aboard. Few bits and pieces now to finish her off and will fight grandson to sail her!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:42:30 by thamestug »
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:36 »
A lovely job Pete,  whats next?
Tugs are for life      George B

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 07:36:48 »
Thanks Geo. Catch up on a few bits indoors first and then I have been given this 36" fibreglass hulled MTB to refurbish. 12v electric motor driving three shaft through nylon gears!! Had a quick look and all three shafts were seized solid [she has stood for 12 years in a garage] but a bit of plus gas and gradually working backwards and forwards with mole grips suitably padded on the exposed section eventually freed them and i managed to get them out. Out of my comfort zone but will see how it goes. Have got a cunning plan for the next tug build though. Hope car is back on road soon.
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 12:47:17 »
Nice job there THAMES . Good to see some of the older boats .     PUFFIN