Author Topic: Posting Issues  (Read 11530 times)

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
Re: Posting Issues
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 18:13:17 »
Over the years - posted photos on both model boat mayhem and rc groups - I don't think bouncing between sites is a bad thing - speads the information out - benefit to all.

Wishkah

• Site Supporter
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 08:58:39 »
After a little coaching from Mike, I find that I really Like the external hosting option. Signing up for Flickr took just seconds because I already have a Yahoo ID. Before I couldn't upload pictues larger than 640x480 with out the upload crashing in the middle. The external hosing picture posting is much fast for me to upload and no resizing of the pictures.

Thumbs up from me 
Barry

cool

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 06:42:30 »
I might have .....might have...... sorted/improved the pic loading.

Basically we had one file with all the pics in and the same file for new uploads ...this file is huge...containing 26000 pics !

With the new upgrade I just spotted an option to create a new file for the new uploaded pics ....now ...in the old system doing this you could not recall the pics from the old file but it now looks like you can create a new empty file and put the new pics in there but still look at the old pics on the forum because the are still being pulled from the original file....just tried it and all seems fine...have a go...it can only help anyway.

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

Cragsider

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 02:53:20 »
Yes Tugmaster,

I posted my Esso Northumbria photos no problem last night, in fact they uploaded within seconds of clicking the post button.
Peter.

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:53 »
 :) :) :)Oh my....keep your fingers crossed. Let us know if all goes well guys and galls.. angel
Barry

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:26 »
Anyone still having dificulties posting pictures???
MIKE

Sloughmac

• Dire Straits
    • Finn Slough Heritage & Wetland Society
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 19:47:46 »
This is now working better than ever for me.  I can upload text, a YouTube link and 3 larger sized photo files and it only take about 30 seconds to complete (knock on wood).  Good job.

Ulrich

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 00:52:22 »
YES  :) a vast improvement. Text and three pics, straight on with no messing about modifying etc. :D :D :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 00:54:28 by thamestug »
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!
IF IT DONT FLOAT...TOW IT UNTIL IT DOES!!!!

mike_victoriabc

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 12:50:38 »
Today - 3 photos - failed the security nonsence - tried two - posted, over the last 3-4 hours tried one more - waste of time - same error message.

Really frustrating.

canute

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 14:35:42 »
Mike, trying typing a few words, then post. Go back in and modify your post by adding your photos. worked for me just the other night.
Kim

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 21:14:39 »
This is a problem as it seems to be an intermittent fault. I have had no problem with pictures uploading very quickly. I just wonder if it is linked to individual internet speeds at certain times?
Barry

C-10

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 05:54:05 »

Tried to post the Olympic torch photo in Jpeg Format ,it failed madame`s security check dropped it
  by 1 pixel width, converted to PNG format re posted and it was OK , this happened on my last posting.

Suggest it`s something to do with Jpeg attachments.

islander

• Love the classics!!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:00 »
Once again...I'm only using the external hosting option, as posting pics directly, seems a 'hit-or-miss' issue again. :-X :-X

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 14:18:28 »
Thanks for letting us know ....we're on to it !
Ok, so I like a drop !

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 03:27:35 »
I have just made a new folder for all images to go into, we did this a while ago and it greatly improved loading of pictures.  Please also bear in mind that picture loading problems can also be due to upload/download speeds of your own pc.   This is why sometimes some members have problems and other do not.

Anyway, the new folder should certainly go along way to making things easier.

The new folder is something that happens in the background, nothing you need to change just load the pictures in the normal way.

Cheers

Tugmaster

Site Admin.
Ok, so I like a drop !