Author Topic: Posts Timing Out  (Read 3223 times)

Cragsider

Posts Timing Out
« on: April 10, 2012, 13:04:27 »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem posting with photos on the forum as I have seem to have wasted about an hour of my time writing an article with 3 photos (low pixels) just to told that it has timed out due to an internal server error.

A simmering

Peter.
Peter.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
Re: Posts Timing Out
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 13:12:41 »
Hello Peter, and sorry for the hassle, but we`ve been having some issues with posting pictures as of late.

See this thread for updates.

http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=3625.0
MIKE

model tugman

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:55:34 »
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem posting with photos on the forum as I have seem to have wasted about an hour of my time writing an article with 3 photos (low pixels) just to told that it has timed out due to an internal server error.

A simmering

Peter.

Hi Peter, It has been a bit of a pain lately posting pictures, but what I have been doing,and it worked well again today is to post the text then click on modify and add ONE small picture and click save, normally it takes a while but you get the error message come up, just go to the home page and click on modify again and add a different small picture ,it then seems to go through ok, after that pictures post fine ,I posted a load today on the Chantry thread within about 7 minutes, all i can suggest is to try this method  all the best  Geo
Tugs are for life      George B

Cragsider

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 13:16:51 »
Many thanks Mike and George for the link and tips, I wont get another chance until tomorrow evening so will give it a go then.

Peter.
Peter.

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 14:53:30 »
I've used the same method from this side of the big pond, and it works...sometimes.....

Lately, re-loading the site, over and over again, seems to be the norm.
"Suds"

thamestug

• Thames Tugs
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:25 »
Just a suggestion but if you are trying to put a lot of text on site with pics then type your text as a text document and save in 'your documents' file. Then you can swipe and paste it onto this site and if it doesnt take first time then you can try again without having to retype everything again.
IF IT FLOATS...TOW IT!
IF IT DONT FLOAT...TOW IT UNTIL IT DOES!!!!