Author Topic: WoodChuck looking for good home for his award-winning model tug.  (Read 2449 times)

WoodChuck

Woodchuck here.  I spent about 3 years scratch-building this model tug.  I covered a fiberglass hull with lots and lots of small sweet gum planks.  Then I covered that with fine fiberglass cloth to waterproof the surface.
As you can see,several different exotic woods were used on the cabin and deck. The tug is powered by two DC motors connected to two azipods.  I have a circuit for the engine sounds, and the fog horn.  The two fire cannons squirt water which is pumped in from below the water line. The tug is 44 inches long.
This model won PEOPLES CHOICE, AND BEST IN CONTEST awards during a design contest sponsored
by SCROLLSAW WOODWORKING AND CRAFTS magazine.
Price includes all running hardware, Vantec speed control, R/C system, battery, 2 Z-units.
It needs a good home.  It is just collecting dust sitting in my workshop. Serious inquires only. $1500 OBO

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 23:03:33 by WoodChuck »

Puffin

• Admiral Poster
  • WestMinster Apache
Re: WoodChuck looking for good home for his award-winning model tug.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 21:13:43 »
HI WOODCHUCK ;   Where are you located .     PUFFIN

WoodChuck

WoodChuck here. I am located at Ocala, florida. cool

Sudbury II

• Admiral Poster
What's your asking price?
"Suds"

WoodChuck

Woodchuck here.  I have over $2500 in electronics and misc parts invested.  $1500 OBO plus shipping.

Flemming Bisgaard

Hi. Like to see a picture. We can`t see it. :o

Regards Flemming Greenland

WoodChuck

here is the photo as an attachment ?