Author Topic: Photo Gallery.  (Read 6036 times)

Cragsider

Photo Gallery.
« on: April 16, 2008, 04:01:11 »
I know that it is early days for the forum, and it is coming on leaps and bounds from its first inception. but I was wondering whether consideration was being given to adding a dedicated photo gallery to the site.
I quite often see nice tempting photos on the LH side of the screen but I have to wade through lots of posts before I find it and quite often my attention will have been caught by something else and I will never get as far.
The gallery could be further sub divided into the different catergories of tugs, harbour, coastal, deep sea etc, etc.
I appologise in advance if as a newbie I am stirring some murky waters, I am also quite ingnorant as to what it would take to set this up.

Peter.
Peter.

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
Re: Photo Gallery.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:20 »
Peter,

There is nothing that our Tugmaster and Tango cannot do......The question is......Do they want to???
Barry

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:40:59 »
Hi Peter,

Ideas always welcome !

We are in the process of sorting a gallery for the members, its quite a big job as we have over 1600 pictures on file ..and being added to daily. We are just sorting and thinking about the format the gallery should take, it will be coming at some point in the future.

As regards attaching links to the pics seen in the left hand column ...very difficult to do as they are being pulled out at random from the attachments file and the attactments file just see's them as images and does not know which topic or posting they originate from ....hence trying to sort a gallery with heading and subheadings.

Leave it with us and its something we can continue to work on and hopefully we may be able to launch something in May sometime.

Thanks for your contributions.

Regards

TugMaster

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:49:31 by TugMaster »
Ok, so I like a drop !

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:48:36 »
You cheeky blighter Footrub Footski   :o

I've got some good ideas for a gallery coming up, one being perhaps a members login so you can have your own album within the gallery ...ie we host ALL your tug pics !! and other members can view general Forum pictures kept on file or personal albums...what do you think ? ...I'm just in the middle of setting up a big corporate website... as soon as thats done I'll have a bit more time to sort something.

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:23:50 »
I always was a Cheeky blighter...In my nature ha ha..

See PM
Barry

manxman

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:06:06 »

Hi Tuggy - talking of cheeky blighter's ...

Is this going to be along the lines of "Model Boats Gallery" ? - Where members can have a number of "Albums" which they can dedicate to a particular build project (there by keeping them all together) and have a 2nd/3rd album for other photos or even another build.  If so, it was a great idea I thought of months ago !

Cheers - Ken
No matter which way you throw me - I'll always stand.

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 18:07:57 »
Here Here!!
Whatever that means.;D
Sorry, guess I've been watching too many old English movies, as of late,(we only get the oldie's here on the tube :(), so I can accurately communicate with you all in the UK. ;D ;D
******Great idea's!!******

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 20:41:12 by tugs53 »
MIKE

HS93

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 23:26:32 »
 tugs53  we know what its like over there to, we get Mike Holmes and Blue Murder enough said.

Peter

tugs53

• Admiral Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:33:31 »
Hi Peter:
Enough said is right.
Mike Holmes seems to be every womans 'dream man', over here!
We're all sure he could 'whip up' a perfect model tug, built from claulking and expanding foam! ;D
As for Blue Murder, never seen it.

Cheers
MIKE

HS93

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 06:49:17 »
So its just us that have to suffer the program

so if  Mike Holmes built a tug it would be Tear it all down, and pass the corking gun

peter

http://www.tv.com/blue-murder/show/993/summary.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213523/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:51:07 by HS93 »

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 06:53:26 »
.....um...getting slightly off topic I think !

;D

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

Cragsider

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 13:38:53 »
.....um...getting slightly off topic I think !

;D

TugMaster

Never!!!!!!!!! sooner you get that gallery up and running the better LOL
The same happend to me on Utube today, I started off with Tugs in a storm and ended up in Hammond gospel music touching on home built jet turbine engines on the way  ??? How does it happen?

Peter.
Peter.

TugMaster

• Administrator
  • Admiral Poster
  • Welcome Aboard !
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 14:15:45 »
Peter,
If you find any good tug ones one UTube put them up on the Forum ...in the post message box you'll see a UTube buttom of the left ....surround the video web address with this and its all loaded automatically.  :)

Cheers

TugMaster
Ok, so I like a drop !

meechingman

• Tugs rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert's Website
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 00:13:30 »

I started off with Tugs in a storm and ended up in Hammond gospel music touching on home built jet turbine engines on the way  ??? How does it happen?

Peter.

The guys on the tug cranked up their Hammond and started praying for jet turbine engines to get back home quicker?

Sorry, OT again but couldn't resist!

Andy
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet

Cragsider

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 03:48:54 »
Andy,

you have just jogged my memory, whilst looking at the unmentionable photo, in the same thread there is two photos of you tinkling the ivorys.
The first is obviously your home organ with a leslie on your right, I was trying to identify the organ, initialy I thought A110 but there aint enough keys per manual, no pre-sets and the draw bars are in the wrong place.
The second is your school organ?, looks a bit of a beasty fully programable but I am stumped on make and model.

Peter. 
Peter.