Author Topic: BOURBON ORCA. A model  (Read 7039 times)

chipchase

Re: BOURBON ORCA. A model
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 14:34:54 »
I think you did a fantastic job on your Bourbon Orca Ian and followed your build from start to finish.  cool I also liked the look of Peterís build of the Ulstein AX102, so I managed to get one of the hulls that are supplied by Clyde Model Boats and try to alter the hull to make the AX102. Here are three photos showing the stern and the port side.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:11:04 by chipchase »
Brian

boatmadman

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:04 »
That looks a nice conversion, hope to be able to watch the build progress.

There are a number of different applications the basic hull form can be used for/adapted to.

Ian

CMB

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 16:45:18 »

Clyde Model Boats and try to alter the hull to make the AX102. Here are three photos showing the stern and the port side.

A fantastic job you have done Brian make no mistake!

Unfortunately the sale did not come directly trough Clyde Model Boats but through the hull supplier we were using at the time.

I was not made aware of the sale until a few days ago ...long story short .. you received a first run hull, faults and all.

As Ian (The designer & to whom we pay a commission to use the design)  is aware we have reworked / CNC cut a new plug for this hull and my lawyer is primed and will actively pursue any copies or adaption of the old hull.

As only 2 (or three if you include Brian's hull) were sold from the original master and we have the original CAD & foam masters we can easily identify who & where the hulls originate from.

To buy this hull from now on will be a breach of copyright and will be pursued vigorously.

That said a more accurate & legitimate hull is available direct from Clyde Model Boats.

Regards,
Kim MacLean.
Clyde Model Boats
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 16:54:13 by CMB »

CapnTroy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 18:46:21 »
Hello Kim,

I'm having trouble navigating around your website, getting a lot of "404 - File or directory not found" when I click on items, is your site having issues or do I just suck at interwebs...?

Troy

boatmadman

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 23:48:30 »
Hi Troy,

I just tried the CMB website and it loaded ok, maybe it was getting an update when you tried.

Ian

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 15:29:07 »
CMB,
Have CMB or there agents been assigned the rights to sell a commercial version of the Ulstein design, be it the actual design as per the ships lines drawing or there interpretation anyway.

I think we have been here before with operators making revenue out of commercial designs ( aka Robert Allan) be they approved or not. Surely in the first instance have you got the licence to even copy or interperate the X-Hull for it appears your sole financial gain.

Surly you should have crossed your T's and dotted your I's before venturing forth so that everyone is clear about where they stand on trademark, copyright issues.

Are there any copyright issues attached to this project??

It should be the previous hull moulder that stands to cope the flack not the model builder and if you did not ensure the moulder returned the mould to you then I do not see anyone  else to blame except yourselves.

It is really a case of protecting intellectual property.

My two cents.

VANYA

VANYA

CMB

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 00:04:37 »
CMB,

Surly you should have crossed your T's and dotted your I's before venturing forth so that everyone is clear about where they stand on trademark, copyright issues.

It is really a case of protecting intellectual property.

My two cents.

VANYA

I appreciate your concern, i did do my homework prior to doing this project.

Regards the web site, we have concentrated on development work and shows this year and will try our best to get the website  updated for the new year.
Regards,
Kim

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 13:30:27 »
CMB,

That is good to hear.

Every project these days is prone to being pirated and I know of model boat projects that have been bought under the guise of a sale by a distributor and the item is then found to have been replicated back in the market, made in a particular East Asian country.

Sort of curtails the desire to make things and place them in the market.

Hoping to look at your website too.

Rgds.
VANYA
VANYA