Author Topic: Vietnam!  (Read 1891 times)

Peter M

Vietnam!
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:44:08 »
Realising they couldn't bomb their way to victory in Vietnam the US Army decided on a 'hearts and minds' programme.

Vietnamese is hard to learn and so they allocated a bi-lingual Vietnamese to each US Army officer.

Out walking a US Army officer on seeing a foaming mouth gibbering idiot in the gutter asked his Vietnamese interpreter what that was in Vietnamese?

The reply was 'Dumb.'

A little further on the officer spied two like people also in a gutter. The question asked was 'How you say two of these people in Vietnamese?'

The answer was 'Dumb, Dumb.'

With this the American went into fits of laughter and saying just how stupid the Vietnamese language was.

He the asked 'Well how do you say a whole nation of people like that?'

The reply was (and sung to the song the Star Spangled Banner.)

Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb .............................................

CapnTroy

• Site Supporter
Re: Vietnam!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:35:52 »
I was the US Army officer that day, but when the interpreter answered my final question, it was actually sung to the tune of God Save The Queen.....go figure.  :P

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
Re: Vietnam!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:19:31 »
I was the US Army officer that day, but when the interpreter answered my final question, it was actually sung to the tune of God Save The Queen.....go figure.  :P

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D
Barry