Author Topic: Modern winch and deck gear drawings  (Read 1597 times)

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
Modern winch and deck gear drawings
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:36 »
If any model maker is looking for a great resource when building tow winches or any modern deck gear the website below has some detailed .pdf drawings of about everything you could need.

http://shipconz.com/downloads/Shipco%20Winch%20Brochure_260511.pdf

I am building a self tailing electric tow winch for my Springer and have printed off the drawing to the size I need so no requirement to do the scale calculations.

Hope if is of interest.

VANYA
VANYA

Model Tug Man

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
Re: Modern winch and deck gear drawings
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:32 »
Great site, Vanya. With plans like that your winch will be a little model all by itself. Hope you share the construction with us.

cool
VGJQ

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:43:52 »
 Model Tug Man.

They actually have great design site and a good selection of tugs, some I guess have never been built even as full size. You could say they are just awaiting to be modelled.

Some have been built in full size and even there small ones are nice "handy" size and not just big ASD machines. The .pdf drawings too are good and the 17m workboat is more or less my springer tug. I like them.

The winches are good and I will used them on my Seatow barge along with the other deck gear. I should try to make a working winch too I guess.

VANYA
VANYA

boman

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:05:54 »
Very nice Vanya.