Author Topic: Has anyone bought from Hobby-lobby Modellbau?  (Read 5269 times)

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
Has anyone bought from Hobby-lobby Modellbau?
« on: December 08, 2012, 23:10:58 »
Has anyone bought fitting from these folks?

http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/

I placed an order and all was going well until I came to the payment page. you can only pay by direct bank transfer and only in euros.
Sent them a couple of emails but not had any replies at all. I am wondering if anyone on here has dealt with them and what was the outcome?

Regards Haggis
King of the unfinished project

boman

Re: Has anyone bought from Hobby-lobby Modellbau?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 23:50:42 »
I found the same thing. It put me right off buying off them. I managed to order some stuff, through Cornwall Model Boats Ltd. http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk. First class service. & days delivery from the other side of the world. It can take longer to get stuff from Auckland here...

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 23:52:27 »
I have not bought from them, but that method of payment is not that unusual here in Europe. For companies that do not use Visa, it is the cheapest method for them to receive your payment.
Barry

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 00:03:03 »
Thanks for the quick replies. Barry, its not the payment method that worries me. Its the total lack of replies to emails that worries me.

Boman
 Thanks for the link. Will have a looksee

PHILNZ

• Nelson sunshine capital of NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 02:25:23 »
Cornwallmodelboats .uk  are the way to go haggis and probably alot easier for you like boman said , also from New Zealand currancy conversion they are heaps cheaper yours be same if not equal and also have a huge selection and cheap freight. Also found trying to get bits out of the USA is like pulling teeth with there postal service (slow and painful) and expensive so be weary there.

Phil

seegurke

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:05:53 »
I ordered several times at hobby-lobby. No problems at all! But I paid in Euros and via bank transfer which is quite usual here in Germany as Barry already said.
David

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 20:34:15 »
Emailed them again yesterday. Still no reply. Wonder if they cant speak English so are ignoring my wishes. It looks like they can take paypal from looking around their site.

I cant find the parts I would like anywhere else. :'(

PHILNZ

• Nelson sunshine capital of NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 20:58:20 »
That's funny about not understanding English, try the translate on the right side of there main page ,mmmm 2nd thoughts maybe not as may cause political unrest  >:D .

On a serious note on the left side column of items ,on the very bottom you will see impressum , click on that and it gives you there phone numbers, maybe worth a call to them .

Phil

boman

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 21:53:32 »
Emailed them again yesterday. Still no reply. Wonder if they cant speak English so are ignoring my wishes. It looks like they can take paypal from looking around their site.

I cant find the parts I would like anywhere else. :'(

No sign of paying via Paypal, that I can find. If there is, use it. It works good for me..

seegurke

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 00:02:04 »
@Haggis1138:
You can tell me your question(s) and I will ask in German. Maybe that will work.
David

Haggis1138

• Site Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 21:29:59 »
There is an option for folks outside Europe to use paypal. Well that cuts me out.

I am sorry but I cant see myself paying to send euros to someone who either doesn't bother to reply to emails, doesn't keep a track on whats happening on their website. The messages I sent are through the contact us button so its site enabled not an email thing.

In today's markets there are lots of ways to pay for things in other countries. Only having one payment method strikes me as laziness then not to follow up on messages only goes to reinforce this.

If this company were advertising on the likes of ebay lots of folks would be if they were scammers by only offering a non reversible payment method.
Sorry for ranting but I would really loke to spend 50 with them on some fixtures for my wheelhouse and I cant find them available anywhere else

neptune

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 14:30:17 »
Hi guys, I,m in the process of buying a Krick Borkum, and I am having the same problems, I have paid via bank transfer two weeks ago, but on the order page it just says the order is Pending, I have sent them three emails but have had no reply, I also phoned and apparently they do not speak english, so I hope all turns out OK, hopefully it is just the Easter Holiday that is affecting it.

Volker

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 05:33:57 »
I fear you have to be patient. Their website states:

We are on the Intermodellbau and so our office isn't manned from 2. to 20. April 2013. Shipping is going on but perhaps at a slower pace.

Answers will not come in the next three weeks I think.
Volker

neptune

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 06:16:48 »
Thank you Volker, I checked today and the order has changed from Pending to Sent, so hopefully I should have the launch in a week or so, thanks for your help, best regards John.

PS I will update when the launch arrives.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:18:33 by neptune »

neptune

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:59 »
G'day all, I'm pleased to say my Borkum launch arrived yesterday, three weeks after it was posted, I am really pleased with it and the overall time from order to arrival was not too bad, it was well packed, this is the first time I have bought from them and I would buy from them again, thanks to all for your help, best regards John.