Author Topic: JOHN H AMOS  (Read 3936 times)

TERRY

JOHN H AMOS
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:49:42 »
Here are some photos of the the tug JOHN H AMOS. She was built in 1931, to wrk on the river Tees. Towed to Chatham in Kent in 1976 by the steam tug CERVIA. Left rotting on the river Medway for over 30 years. Lifted onto a pontoon barge in march this year. Restoration can begin at last for this great old tug.
Terry.
Measure twice cut once

tomarack

• take it easy and let it be...
Re: JOHN H AMOS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:34:27 »
Very good news, but I  have to remember about Reliant paddle tug here ...that although being restored , she went to scrapheap due to "lack of place" in the Greenwich Maritime Museum...  so I can  see two ways here , how to handle with heritage of the past...
   Tom
Non omnia possumus ommes!

E NIHILO NIHIL

orrstar

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 02:58:22 »
I am looking at building the john h amos, and i have been in touch with the maritime museum at greenwich who may have the plans to work from. I am currently looking for either a fibre glass hull or i will base it on the graupner kit "Glasgow".

I have already built the Glasgow but found it very restricted on manouverability, so I have since modified it to independent paddle wheel operation, now she will turn in her own length.

As I am new to the hobby any help would be much appreciated.
ORRSTAR

Footski

• Admiral Poster
  • Just me and my good lady
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:24:38 »
Orrstar,

Welcome to the friendly but mad house!!!

You will get all the help you need here. We have many members from around the world.any of them happy to help, or indeed learn from others.

Lets see plenty of photos of your work and enjoy the forum..

Barry
Barry

orrstar

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:11 »
PHOTO OF  PT GLASGOW
ORRSTAR