Author Topic: A little confused...  (Read 1942 times)

adam_goodin

A little confused...
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:18:13 »
Hi all,

I've just got an Eldergarth Tug, built for towing. Obviously with it being constructed elsewhere, the wiring looms are very unfamiliar to me.

Now - it has 2 very large 12v motors and and a bow thruster. The bow thruster has an Mtronix marine 15 and the 2 motors have a rather old Action Electronics speed control each ( FR15HVR). Shed any light anyone?

There's also a few other Action units, to run lights and the main tow winch.

Ok - now, there are 2 sets of spades - does this mean I need 2 12v batteries rather than 1???
There's also what i'm assuming, is a set of 4 1.2v OR 1.5v Ni-Cads totalling 6v ... What on earth is this for? Receiver battery perhaps?

Any help or info. or advice would be much much appreciated folks.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

-Adam-

PHILNZ

• Nelson sunshine capital of NEW ZEALAND
Re: A little confused...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 18:07:01 »
Its a little confusing here to . maybe a couple of photos might shed light .  I thought that maybe the  double spade connectors could have been wired for two 6v batteries crossed to make 12v ? photos are the best option

adam_goodin

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:07:01 »
Thanks Phil,

Photo's may not help in this case as it's like a nest in there  :-\

I think what I'm going to do is buy some Distribution boards that I can run the boat with from ACTion electronics. The P102 seems to be the good option, giving me room for the 2 12V motors, the Bow thruster motor and optional extra's like the lights and winch etc.

I can't seem to make any sense of the wiring already in the boat, so - probably safer to start again.
Cheers

-Adam-

FLJ

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 00:19:13 »
Rewiring is the sensible option, especially with a P102 as the basis. The four-pack is almost certainly a separate receiver pack; you can dispense with this if you use the red/black flylead on P102 to supply power to the receiver. Don't go looking for those ESCs on the ACTion website, however - 'cos they're Electronize!
FLJ