Author Topic: Model Slipways Envoy Admiralty kit NIB / WRAM Show  (Read 1672 times)

WinglessB

Model Slipways Envoy Admiralty kit NIB / WRAM Show
« on: February 17, 2013, 18:48:36 »
Model Specifications:
Scale 1:48
Length o.a. 1108 mm (43-1/2”)
Beam 248 mm (9-3/4”)
Displacement 11.5 kg (25 lbs)
Single screw, suitable for steam or electric propulsion.

The model is built around five glassfibre mouldings: the hull with external plating detail, superstructure, wheelhouse, engine room and funnel. The kit includes the running gear (rudder, propshaft, brass propeller), over 800 etched brass and white metal fittings; these include brass stanchions. Also provided are CNC-milled styrene sheets and printed styrene sheets, printed ply deck overlays, moulded styrene ship’s boats, resin-cast Carley floats and an anchor windlass kit. The rod, wire, dowel and other items needed to finish the model are also included. In addition to the two full size plans, a large number of perspective assembly drawings are given to enable the discerning enthusiast to build this model to museum standards. Included is HFA 500 Motor, Hitec SP610 w/reverse ESC, Graupner 1785 bow thruster & Vantec RET411 ESC, also. I have a couple of extra guns set, if you wish to increase the armament!KIT IS NIB. PRICE: $550 + Shipping, or delivery to WRAM Show. I can post some photos in a day or two if you wish.
Bill

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: Model Slipways Envoy Admiralty kit NIB / WRAM Show
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:52:40 »
Hello Bill,

Your model sounds quite complete. I am just learning about complete kits and
finding that you indeed have spent quite a bit on your find. It sounds like it is
very complete and has a good set of plans and instructions. I would like to see
pictures of your building progress and all. Pictures convey the biggest amount
of information which we all seek.

I hope the very best for your tugboat build and welcome aboard Bill,
Michael in Anacortes, Washington.
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com