Author Topic: The end of the road! TITO NERI NOW SOLD.  (Read 3068 times)

Peter M

The end of the road! TITO NERI NOW SOLD.
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:18:45 »
Hi all,

I think it is now inevitable that after 60 odd years of modelling I have had enough!

I have lacked both interest and motivation for some time now and bought a Tito Neri to try to re-fan the flames. It didn't work!

The last model I bought and started and started well and with all and I mean all that's needed to finish it.

I need to get rid of all I have accumulated over those 60 years and I'll start with the Tito Neri, once that has gone disposing of the rest, tools, compressor, Iwata airbrushes, etc. will be easier I think.

Anyone with any interest please PM and ask your questions.

Photos supplied if requested by e-mail.

Peter M.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:29:15 by Peter M »

2tugboats

• Roughly 3/4 inch scale semi accurate
    • Two Tugboats
Re: The end of the road!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 17:32:42 »
The end of the road. . .I hadn't thought about it but indeed Peter, we tugboat builders
will all come to the end of our road. It sounds like you have created many boats and
ships. I hope to do the same.

I sensed dissapointment in your post about the ah, your final build attempts. I try to
inspire others to tackle building a large RC tugboat. I know the gut wrenching feeling
of having to do something over for the fourth time. My own design presents "mysterys"
to me all the time. . .time is always too short and time for waiting for parts is sometimes
way to long and then it is sometimes not even the piece that will fit and work out. Sort of
a lot of up hill effort. But after several years I finally have the much sought out prise,
a fine looking tugboat.

It was worth it. I'm going to dive in head first and start another build, a lighter and better
layed out version of my first. What are you going to do to fill your creation juices Peter?

If you could share the "final straws" of your last building work, I would be all ears because
I know we all go through thoughts of it being the end of the read and I want to perhaps
avoid and make sure my friends don't bump into the negatives you have.

I think you should post a picture of the Tito Neri for those many who will read your post here.
You know, a picture is worth a thousand words and all.

Thank you Peter and I hope the very best for you,
Michael in Anacortes, Washington
Yet another case of why men and women go down to the sea in ships. . .A pleasure to be here and smell the salt air. Thank you Tugboat Forum. . .Michael in Anacortes, Washington www.twotugboats.com

Peter M

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:34 »
Kind words Michael, I thank you sincerely.

It comes to us all I think, a time to 'hang up the gloves' and not that easy to decide to do.

Not just model boats but all manner of models over the years.

I started a model tank company some years ago that produced without doubt the finest detailed and most reliable tanks in 1:6 scale that have ever been produced. I never kept photos but the link below gives an idea of what I/we did, etc.

http://www.armorpax.com/Armorpax/Forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=f8b08b8ad8a2c91103df8c17f7a43061

Now just the accumulated  'stuff' to get rid of and return my model room back to the fourth bedroom.

As to reasons, a combination of age, medical issues and just plain lack of interest and 'no get up and go' that comes to most of us I guess in time. 3 years off of 70 years of age I find 'frightening!'

Margaret having serious health issues as well now focuses my priorities and my mind into different and more important areas as you will appreciate.

Personally I have no real worries about 'falling of of the perch', it happens to us all but not for a while yet I hope!

Again, I thank you for your kind and thoughtful words.

Best wishes.

Peter.

ray28507

• Admiral Poster
  • shuswap
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:45:19 »
hi peter  it is a shame to end building boats  but like the saying go's all good things have to come to an end! or think of it as retirement from the hobby  as well as think about all the good times of building & sailing your boats  over the years

just out of intrest would it be possable to list the items you are going to sell & maybe price them??   regards ray
B.C tugs >>  ken mackenzie~07   nellie irene~07    freewinds ~04       sidewinder'in b.c~11'   iron horse~12  malley b~16  western mariner ~14  shuswap ~17
  u.s.a tugs> >  nanuq~11  in the build  hunter  - david j

sea monkey

• Site Supporter
  • Admiral Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 22:09:32 »
Never say never, you're still a young man.
Lovely tank stuff. Hope somebody will carry on with it.

Peter M

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 23:37:13 »
Thanks for the kindly words.

I hope it didn't make me sound too much of a 'whimp' but you move on in every phase of your life.

As to the tanks I gave the whole lot,  'lock, stock and barrel' to my then business partner, he needing the money and I not so. It was bought by a guy who did so at the wrong time and lost a heck of a lot of money. Passed on to someone else and it seems nothing has been done!

Personaly I believe that the 'big tank' industry had reached it 'Sell By' date by then and the World's finances make that even more obvious.

I've had some interest in the Tito Neri and a good buy for what it is and what's with it. Also interest in the modelling and engineering 'bits and pieces' so see what happens.

Again thank you.

Peter M.

Peter M

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 01:15:39 »
Still available and a heck of a lot of interest shown but no action!

I need to get rid of it, it can go for 200.00 for the lot.

Needs collecting though as being part built its a disaster wailing to happen with 'White Van Man!'

Please PM if of genuine interest!

Peter.

Peter M

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 01:18:13 »
Make that 'waiting' not 'Wailing!'

Could be the right word though, wailing?

I tried to 'Modify' but it dosen't want to play ball!

Peter.