Author Topic: Anybody made any lit Model buoys for evening sailing  (Read 1452 times)

Dizzyman2011

• :) If it floats ... Push it :)
Anybody made any lit Model buoys for evening sailing
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:33 »
Hey guys as per title mainly only get the time to sail at night or late evening
So would be interested if anyone has any pictures plans or ideas on making some lit buoys ideally want them to look scale but scalish is always fine anyone built any ??? Am probably gonna be chucking them in and then collecting with my springer as towing probably isn't ideal for me at night lol
Pictures would be great
Cheers Phill :)

VANYA

• Ships need tugs.
Re: Anybody made any lit Model buoys for evening sailing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 15:13:04 »
Dizzyman.

Hi. I have made some marks in the past but not lit ones yet. I just need a flasher LED kitset and to place inside the bouy part. I little PVC enginneeing and brass work should look fine.

If you have a lathe, epoxy, MDF board it shoud be possible to turn up the floaty bit and then get the ballast weight correct so that it floats correctly. Unfortunately they are likely to be difficult to make scale but some minuturisation should be possible. Make a few and string them on the bottom of the pond and once they are blinking they should look good at night. coloured LED too!

Hayden
VANYA

Dizzyman2011

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 13:04:41 »
Hey bud don't have a lathe but am
In process of working something out will get some pics when I know it works ;)
You can buy flashing LED's from eBay with the ncircuit built in for about 2 so that's an option saves building 555 timers and going to lots of effort my daughter has some balls in her play pit which I'm thinking of using so that's a possibility just need some pics of the different kinds and what they look like to proceed really ;)

Dizzyman2011

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 00:03:21 »
This is what I might base my buoys on would work adapt well to scaling down I think
Also importantly for me gives a rough guideline on scale
For anyone interested in the uk they sell an ice cream with haribo in a tiny tube
This seems perfect in shape and scale for the job lucky find as my little sister came over with it
And immediately thought that's perfect for a buoy .... Result :):):)